Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean here’s the thing. I don’t really like the term “I don’t see race” because to me, it just kind of sounds like you aren’t aware of different skin colors and cultures people of different races celebrate. While I’m sure most people who say it mean well, it just doesn’t come out sounding great. Obviously you do see race and different shades of skin. You just don’t let it affect what you think of that person. Saying it only really gives the idea you aren’t considerate of understanding different lives behind your own race.

With that said however, there are times I feel like when the left brings this up, they often just show how much they see people of color as puppets when describing their distaste for saying it, like “NOTICE THIS PERSON HAS A DIDFFERENT SKIN COLOR THAN YOU! THIS PERSON IS AN OPRESSED VICTIM THAT CAN’T SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!”

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Since we bring up the subject of race and racism quite a bit in this thread, what do you guys make of this?

Interesting article. Thanks for posting it.

But why would anybody reply to you? You dodge anything and everything in this thread that challenges your narrow point of view.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
It’s a little hard to take a stand on anything, because the dictates of the left changes with the wind.
I love Chinese food, so is that cultural appropriation? Are white people only supposed to eat white food, like mayonnaise sandwiches? If that standard held up consistently, black people would only eat soul food and drink Colt 45 malt licquor.

It is demeaning if you hear Hillary or AOC talking to black people with a fake black accent.

Over the years I’ve worked with people of every race under the sun. Most of them were decent people. A couple were a$$holes. But we seemed to find we had more in common than the difference in skin color can set us apart.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If we’re talking about a situation like let’s say a white person or anyone else of a different race that isn’t black wearing a dashiki and kufi, that could definitely raise a lot of eyebrows.

Eating and enjoying food made from a specific culture is a whole different story. There’s nothing wrong with that and there shouldn’t be anything wrong with that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love Chinese food, so is that cultural appropriation? Are white people only supposed to eat white food, like mayonnaise sandwiches?
I'm going to be honest here . . . I do always find it surprising to see bunches of grubby, toothless, redneck Trumpsters in Chinese restaurants - you would think they wouldn't want to eat "un-American food."

But, in other news, Papa John is apparently going on record saying he's spent the past 20 months trying to not say the N-word . . . that statement honestly doesn't really help his image or reputation if you ask me.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean.... he could just, you know...... be respectful and not say it at all or even think about saying it.