Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Governor Cuomo is seeing the crap hit the fan. Some of his closest confidants are blowing the whistle on him for wildly under reporting the number of Covid deaths in nursing homes.
Plus a number of women coming forward with sexual allegations.
During Kavanaugh’s hearings, Cuomo was one of the loudest voices of “Believe all women “. Now that his feet are being held to the same fire, don’t listen to the allegations.

When people of your own party are turning against you, it’s getting hard to duck.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Cuomo is just an idiot to begin with. This alone proves he can’t own up to his own responsibilities. I fear for my friends who live in NY with this virus.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, **** whoever did that honestly.

Frankly “all lives matter” is just nothing more than an annoying defense mechanism whenever black lives matter is brought up. Black lives matter does not literally mean ONLY black lives matter. It’s a term used to show that black lives being taken away from (unfair) police brutality shouldn’t be normalized or common in the first place (with that said, yes there have been just as many instances black lives being taken away were sorry to say called for if the suspect actually had a gun on them and used it against them).

MWoO

Reaction score
Yeah, **** whoever did that honestly.

Frankly “all lives matter” is just nothing more than an annoying defense mechanism whenever black lives matter is brought up. Black lives matter does not literally mean ONLY black lives matter. It’s a term used to show that black lives being taken away from (unfair) police brutality shouldn’t be normalized or common in the first place (with that said, yes there have been just as many instances black lives being taken away were sorry to say called for if the suspect actually had a gun on them and used it against them).
Define normalized. I wouldn't say that 14 unarmed black people being killed by police last year (a year during which we had tons of violent protests, rioting, and lootings)is "normalizing" it. It amount to roughly 0.0004% of all black people that were arrested. Not even the of the population, just those that were arrested. Of course, we would hope that the number be zero, but certainly we can say this is far from "normalizing", right? Also, about 24 unarmed white people were also killed by police, but I suppose it is best to pretend those instances never happened.

What bothers me about you is you speak in these vague terms that make it seem as if problems are worse than they are. You need to look at statistics and measure problems against what has actually happened, not what you imagine.

There is absolutely an issue with racial profiling in many areas of the US. There is absolutely an issue where police officers abuse and misuse their power against people from all walks of life. Many police officers do not like their authority to be challenged, even if they are 100% wrong on a matter. However, pretending that black people are hunted daily in the streets by police does not help things. Talking about real issues in hyperbolic terms just breeds a defensive reaction and then nothing gets done.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
What I mean by “normalized” is the fact that it’s pretty much common these days for unarmed black folks to be unfairly killed by police even when they’re following orders. I’m not saying every single black person killed by cops is innocent - there are black folks who have had guns on them and pretty much asked to get shot as a result. But the truth is police killings with blacks is fairly common and this is why we have Black Lives Matter in the first place. And this is why black people (even some good friends of mine I may add) fear walking out in public, which they shouldn’t have to do. Period.

Also, why are you even bringing up killings against white people when that literally has nothing to even do with the conversation? Frankly this is something that bothers me quite a lot about you at times - anytime a mention of a black person killed by a cop is brought up, you’re always quick to be like “um, white people are killed by police too, you know!” And yes I agree cops killing white people should be reported more, murder is murder, but when you bring it up as a defense mechanism to divert away from the original conversation, it only tells me you don’t care when the spotlight isn’t being talked about with your respective race. Frankly it’s no different than the subject of women talking about issues they’ve faced with sexual harassment and men are quick to be like “men are raped too, you know!!!!!”

MWoO

Reaction score
So... 14 in a year, or .0004% of those arressted is common? Jeeze.... if that is the case, getting hit by lightning is an epidemic!

I brought it up as a direct comparison and statistics. Based on numbers, if you think the amount of unarmed black people killed by police us common, then you must be horrified at an amount that is 60% higher, right? The hope is you would gain perspective on the situation and realize you are being hyperbolic, but you don't seem capable of that.

Also, you analogy is flawed. If someone were to say raping women was common and normalized, but men were raped at an equal or higher rate as women, then yes you can compare the two. However, that is not the case. Men are assualted far less than women, so there would be no reason to claim bring it up. But if men and women were being assualted at the same rate, then it ought to be mentioned if the issue were framed as being just a "women's issue".

You really don't get nuisance.

MWoO

Reaction score
Also, it is amazing how you just glide right passed the numbers time and time again. Even after I said the stats show it is very uncommon, you still claim otherwise with no counter evidence.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My issue isn’t the numbers. My issue is the fact that you’re quick to bring up the “white people are also killed by police!!!!!!” card when it has nothing to even do with the subject in the first ******* place. You’ve done this numerous, numerous times. Again, I am against all forms of murder period, but bringing it up as a defense mechanism which you seem to refuse to even look into when subjects of black people being killed by police is what annoys me. Literally put yourself in the position of a black person and just imagine hearing ignorant **** like “hey, um, my race is unfairly treated by police as well you know!” when the subject is being brought up. Your post literally translates to “I’m ****** that the spotlight isn’t on me and I’m gonna ignore the real issue going on and throw in something completely unrelated!”

I also used that as a comparison with the fact that there are ignorant people who are quick to just dismiss any current issue going on and throw in their own beliefs because they feel the spotlight isn’t on them. This is an issue I have with “all lives matter” because it’s a case where they don’t want black people voicing their opinions on police brutality, just as some men out there don’t want women voicing their thoughts on sexual assault/harassment. But if you think I’m being hyperbolic then fine. Keep being the conservative-leaning clown you continue to prove to be. 👍🏻