Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I just remembered.

Joe Biden’s democrat pass will no longer have the media reporting the kids in cages. Pooper.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Would it make you feel any better that he's already being accused of being a transphobe for one of the Executive Orders he's signed already? I have to say, though, it is amusing that his first acts as President were to basically sign Executive Orders to undo almost everything Trump did, because that was pretty much what Trump's first acts were: signing Executive Orders to undo almost everything Obama did.

But anyway, if ever there was a time for @fuzzygobo to say, "I told ya so," now would definitely be that time. I honestly was expecting to see a large-scale, nationwide protest that erupted into levels of violence that could've matched or even surpassed the insurrection yesterday - I mean the insurrection itself was being regarded as something of a preview of what we could've expected on Inauguration Day . . . but, it actually seems like a lot of the Trumpsters and some of the rightwing extremists are actually kind of admitting defeat and sulking back into their safe places . . . already, I'm seeing some rightwing Christians out there being like, "Well, it was fun having freedom of religion while it lasted, but looks like we're being thrown back to the lions again, but oh, please don't feel sorry for us, it's not like we want sympathy or anything."

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I thought there might be some isolated incidents here and there, but nowhere near the levels of panic the media would want you to believe.
And contrary to what the media says, the riot on the 6th was not a coup. By definition, a coup involves the military storming in and seizing power. It’s happened five times in the last 50 years in Greece. That would be a coup. Overthrowing Ferdinand Marcos in the Philippines would be a coup. As bad as the 6th was, it didn’t reach coup status.

I’ve not been a big supporter of Trump and his Twitter wars. But the media has shown nothing but contempt for him since Day One.
And now Biden is president, everybody in the media is drooling all over him. Oh, Joe and Dr. Jill Biden, the first man and First Lady of Unity! Oh, I’m so excited, I gotta change my pants!
That’s what the next four years will be like.
Remember how the press grilled Trump every day nonstop( as they should). Biden will never be subjected to that.
I’m not so bothered with a Biden administration, just on how the media will present it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The sad thing is it’s true. Anything Biden does he gets away with via his democrat pass. Imagine Trump saying “You ain’t black!” That situation would have been much different.

**** I love how the metoo movement basically translates to “believe all women and always assume the man is guilty” (and as someone who has been sexually harassed by a toxic friend for years and nearly sexually assaulted once, I do think women should be heard, but we should also hear the other side as well before making decisions), but the minute Tara Reade speaks up? NOPE! She’s lying! It was all for the sake of getting Biden in office.

Much as I am happy Trump is no longer with us, it really irks me how hypocritical the left can be when it comes to the things they stand for or believe just because it’s someone who matches their political agenda. It’s almost like you may as well get away with sexually assaulting a woman and then you hold up a card saying “I’m a democrat” and you’ll be let off the hook no problem!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's not always the case, though. Biden didn't get away with his "You ain't black" comments, and in fact, faced all sorts of blacklash over it (and yes, a lot of it was Trumpsters pointing fingers and saying, "SEE! THE DEMS ARE THE RACIST ONES, NOT US!!"), and it honestly was a really stupid thing to say. Sure, he recovered from it, but it was a shot in the foot, let's make no mistake.

And let's not forget Al Franken: Dems immediately ousted him after sexual harassment allegations came out against him involving him being inappropriate with a teen girl - something any Rep would get a free pass for, because, "That was in the past, and God has forgiven them, and besides, this is really only between them and God anyway, it's none of our business."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Fair point on Al Franken, but how many democrats actually brought up Biden’s comment though? Or news networks besides fox or that matter?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I can’t take up sides, saying allDems are this or all Reps are that. Just like if I was a judge, you would judge people on an individual basis. I don’t think all Republicans are right, I don’t think all Democrats are wrong . But there are individuals on both sides I can measure up and say “He’s right” or “She’s wrong”. But whatever merits an individual may have, doesn’t mean they are part and parcel to that party. But again, that’s what the media would want you to believe.
Those that stormed the Capitol, of course they should be punished. Does that mean condemning 75 million people who weren’t involved? No.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As far as Al Franken goes, if I was a judge, I’d have to weigh a case based on the preponderance of evidence in front of me.
It’s not necessarily between him and God.
True, God did forgive David for adultery and murder.
But that’s God’s judgment, not mine.
Me too started out as a good and noble idea. I couldn’t agree more those who rape women should be punished.
But we see what happens when the pendulum swings too far either way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just can't take #MeToo as a movement seriously anymore. Sure, it did help expose a bunch of predators who had histories of sexually harassing/assauting women, and being able to get away with it because they had some sort of position of power and could ruin their lives if they tried going public with it all . . . but when they starting pushing for reclassifying shaking hands as a form of sexual harassment, or basically saying parents who hug their own children are pedophiles, that's when they lost credibility with me.