Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
So President-elect Biden has come out with his stimulus package. Included is another $1400 stimulus payment (to get us to the $2000 the Dems wanted)

But also included in the stimulus package is a $15 minimum wage proposal. Just brilliant by the guy.

• Unemployment is at a record high because of the coronavirus.
  • Small businesses and restaurants are barely surviving and many have already gone under.
  • Small businesses and restaurants are the types of businesses that are most likely to pay minimum wage and hire these workers.
  • So let's impose on them a $15 minimum wage now when they are struggling to survive.

Just brilliant. I'm not saying the $15 minimum wage is right or wrong. But NOW is not the time to do it.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
You know what? It clicked me in the head. I do recall you were more concerned about buildings being destroyed than a black man’s death so to be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me schools are more important than children’s lives. I should have realized this.
This is just classic liberal arguments in this thread. Can't make a point to defend your position so revert to "You're racist." and switch the argument. LittleJerry tried doing it to me earlier by his "sounds like racial stereotyping" BS. And I shut him down with actual statistics when he was too lazy to look for himself. They are incapable of defending their position so they default to the racism argument. And then they take the point you are making and twist it to fit their racism argument. Or they focus on one part of the argument and ignore the larger point being made. D'Snowth does it all the time as well. I'm not sure if our schools don't teach reading comprehension anymore or if they are so brain-washed and hate-filled that they are incapable of seeing anything other than "you're racist".

At least LittleJerry apologized for misinterpretting my point, but why is the default "you're racist"?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For clarification your post actually came off that way which is why I raised an eyebrow. But after you explained it to me I owned up. Sometimes it’s easy to misinterpret text. If you’re still upset about it then I don’t know what else to say.

Now, as for M? I’m not even going to explain my position with that. I’m not the only one who called him out for his ignorant attitude towards George’s death back in May. Literally four other people did the same thing. Four other people. Go back to May 31st and you’ll see just how heated things got that day.

With that said, do I think that argument is overused with the left? Yeah, absolutely! I find it annoying myself. But the way you said “Black kids lives don’t matter” in that post felt like you were trying to use them as a defense mechanism (no different than that annoying “I have black friends!” argument).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Frankly if I’m being honest, there are days I feel politics has no business being on a muppets forum. Especially when very often I see republican folks (no one on here for clarification) having issues with muppets. The only reason this thread even exists is because a former staff member turned regular member wanted to continue the trend with politics and he’s no longer even active on here anyway. 🤷🏿‍♂️

Last edited:

MWoO

Reaction score
@LittleJerry92 the point MuppetsRule made still stands. You had zero rationale behind your argument, so you turned it to a totally different subject to work a racism angle. You still haven't addressed the fact that the video YOU posted didn't even support your own argument.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Alex, I agree with you on this. Keeping people isolated does more harm than good.
My 83-year-old mom lives in a senior care facility. She can’t leave her room to go to the dining room, so her meals were brought to her.
She’s safe, but at the expense of human interaction. My sister comes to see her when she’s able, but it breaks my heart the toll the isolation is taking on her. Fortunately, there is Hope the dining room will reopen next week, after my mom was cooped up for two months.
Like you, she spent Christmas alone. Sucks, right?

Same with kids in school. Yes, kids can learn from home, provided they have a computer and a parent that can stay home and supervise them. But what about a kid who has neither? Yes, kids need to learn, but not at the expense of social interaction.
There is an advantage to creating a YouTube channel. You create an original product, put it on display, Hope people will financially support you, become patrons, and if you’re successful enough, earn a living off it. Man, that sounds like creating a ....

small business!
You invest your time and labor into something with the hopes of creating financial reward, and having ownership over that.
Nah, screw that. Friggin capitalist Murka.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, even as someone who dislikes Trump himself, just digitally erasing his cameo doesn’t mean it never existed. You can’t erase history.