Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MWoO

Reaction score
Here’s the thing. If they don’t have the internet then they can at least use the internet on the library to look up informations on homeschool tutors that can teach in person. It doesn’t have to be a tutor that teach online. There may even be tutors near you if you dig around.

I’m actually going to lead this video here on why reopening the schools is bad. It actually brings up some good points. Otherwise, if the both of you think giving kids the rest of getting the virus and possibly dying from it simply because school life matters more than human life then I refuse to continue this conversation any further.

Why do I bother making an analogy to a famous historical quote pertaining the the elitist ignorance of the struggles of the poor when you are too ignorant to understand it....

IF YOU ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD INTERNET, YOU ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD A TUTOR!

Also, did you watch the video? They literally say in the video that the number of deaths from covid in kids is negligible. They focus on the anxiety from not knowing and what could be, not what is. They even said that the rate of children spreading it to adults is low, but "COULD" that change?

To quote a famous modern day philosopher: "Cha, and monkeys could fly out of my butt!".

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Why do I bother making an analogy to a famous historical quote pertaining the the elitist ignorance of the struggles of the poor when you are too ignorant to understand it....

IF YOU ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD INTERNET, YOU ARE TOO POOR TO AFFORD A TUTOR!

Also, did you watch the video? They literally say in the video that the number of deaths from covid in kids is negligible. They focus on the anxiety from not knowing and what could be, not what is. They even said that the rate of children spreading it to adults is low, but "COULD" that change?

To quote a famous modern day philosopher: "Cha, and monkeys could fly out of my butt!".
You know what? It clicked me in the head. I do recall you were more concerned about buildings being destroyed than a black man’s death so to be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me schools are more important than children’s lives. I should have realized this.

MWoO

Reaction score
I’m actually going to lead this video here on why reopening the schools is bad. It actually brings up some good points. Otherwise, if the both of you think giving kids the rest of getting the virus and possibly dying from it simply because school life matters more than human life then I refuse to continue this conversation any further.

I am convinced you did not actually watch the video...

They literally say that it is important to reopen schools, but have the ability to be flexible and pivot if need be. They literally say in the video that it should not be open them at all costs nor should it be close them at all costs. They literally say the danger to children is negligible, but the concern is the potential risk to teachers. The video is a reasonable debate regarding what schools should do based on the information they had at the end of July. The video you posted doesn't even support your own point.

MWoO

Reaction score
You know what? It clicked me in the head. I do recall you were more concerned about buildings being destroyed than a black man’s death so to be honest, it wouldn’t surprise me schools are more important than children’s lives. I should have realized this.
The only thing clicking in your head is the hamster wheel that keeps what you call a brain active.

Based on all information we have, children do not die from covid. You think the imaginary dangers are more important than the actual ones. You also somehow didn't know that inner city schools are predominantly black....

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I'll give LittleJerry a real life example of the more harm than good keeping kids home from school can do.

A gal I work with has two little girls - age 9 and 10. Last week the 9 year old every time it was time to go to school she would complain that she felt sick and wanted to stay home from school. This despite the fact that she was acting completely normal - eating well, runnig around and playing, etc. But when it came time to go to school she suddenly felt sick. Same goes for her Thursday night dance classes. She loves to dance. But when it came time to go to dance class she would complain she felt sick. Turns out, about a week earlier her cousin was diagnosed with covid. This poor little girl had worked herself up that she was convinced that she was sick and she was going to pass it along to her classmates & friends. This is the emotional damage we are doing to our kids. Couple this with the setbacks in their education. Their lack of socialization and learning to play with others. The lack of a good hot meal. The small risk of school age kids getting the virus is minimal compared to the damage we are doing.

Good god, take the time to look up the stats of how many kids die from COVID. Every one is tragic. But so is the damage we are dong by writing off a whole generation of kids.

Last edited:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
It's this whole line of thinking crap again. Just because someone speaks out against the rioting that took place durng some of the BLM protests doesn't mean they care more about the buildings than they do about a black man's death. It isn't a zero sum game. One can care about BOTH the black man's death and the arson and destruction of innocent businesses.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
While I agree with what you’re saying there, I didn’t like the riots at all myself, his posts back in May did not suggest that at all.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Here's another real life example. My niece teaches 1st & 2nd graders at a small school in the poorer area of a city. She just started there last year and had 2 second graders that she got that were barely reading at a kindergarten level. She had finally gotten them up to reading at a 1st grade level when the pandemic hit and they closed the schools. Now why do you think those kids were barely reading at kindergarten level despite being in the 2nd grade? Because the parents didn't care about their education. Now you're going to tell me that going virtual or homeschooling that these kids are going to get the help from their parents in their education they need?

Whats a greater risk? The .03% that they may get the virus or them being poorly educated for the rest of their lives?

MWoO

Reaction score
While I agree with what you’re saying there, I didn’t like the riots at all myself, his posts back in May did not suggest that at all.
You mean the posts where I said the cop should be jailed for what he did? The posts where I was upset that rioters were burning down black owned businesses and destroying those innocent lives? Reality check, it isn't the physical building I care about, it's the real person that owns the business housed within the building that had their lives destroyed.