Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
From what I’ve seen of the DNC coverage so far, the Biden/Harris ticket is almost an afterthought.
There really didn’t seem to be too many rays of hope. The only thing anyone can remotely agree on, 1) this country sucks 2) Orange Man Bad.

The hardest pill to swallow is Michelle “I Hate Politics!” Obama saying black people are always going to be victims, and can never raise their station in life.

This from a former First Lady, Zooming from Martha’s Vineyard.
Her speech was recorded b fore Kamala Harris was picked for VP. A woman of color can never rise to the top. Not in Murka. No way, now how.

Hip boots still aren’t deep enough.

Muppet Master

Reaction score

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My whole family hates Trump. One of my cousins was a delegate at the DNC in 2016 and every family gathering since then has been about Orange Man Bad, and Obama’s farts don’t stink.
This year, it doesn’t matter who’s on the Democrat ticket, as long as Trump goes. Two years of impeachment didn’t work. But my family is so crazy they’d probably hire a hit man to bump Trump off.

mariolover

Reaction score
My whole family hates Trump. One of my cousins was a delegate at the DNC in 2016 and every family gathering since then has been about Orange Man Bad, and Obama’s farts don’t stink.
This year, it doesn’t matter who’s on the Democrat ticket, as long as Trump goes. Two years of impeachment didn’t work. But my family is so crazy they’d probably hire a hit man to bump Trump off.
My family is so politically diverse you would be surprised. My Grandma and Grandpa on my Mom's side support Trump, and so does my stepdad and 2 of my sets of Aunts and Uncles, and my Mom.

but my stepmom, my stepbrother, 2 of my stepsisters, and my brother all hate Trump. I'm sure they will all vote for Biden.

my Dad is not a big fan of either Trump or Biden, so he's not voting for either candidate.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bloomberg had already gotten my vote back when early voting first began. A lot of people dislike him simply because they saw him as a liberal/Democratic version of Trump just because he's rich - but, unlike Trump, Bloomberg is at least charitible with his wealth, and gives back to the community. Not to mention, his policies sounded exactly like what the U.S. is desperately needing right now in terms of the economy, job market, healthcare, etc. Also, whereas Trump refuses to own up to his mistakes and failed policies and take responsibility for how he's mishandled certain issues (i.e. the COVID-19 pandemic), and always defaults to shifting the blame somewhere else (usually Democrats), Bloomberg actually does own up to his failed policies, and tries to fix his mistakes, such as his Stop and Frisk policy: he's admitted that has been a failure, and is working on trying to fix it. Top that off with the fact that he definitely seemed like he'd be able to stand his ground and take Trump head-on at the debates, so, as far as DNC candidates are concerned, I felt like he was the complete package of what we needed in a new president. I liked Bernie's policies, but didn't really care for his personality; Yang, Warren, and Mayor Pete seemed like adequate choices, but seemed to be lacking in some area (in Mayor Pete's case, experience was something he was lacking in); Biden is far too right-leaning for a Democrat (hence why lobbyists love him), and he's too wimpy in his personality to stand up to Trump at debates. Again, this is 2016 all over again. In 2016, the people wanted Bernie, but the DNC wanted Hillary - who wasn't the best choice for the job (though, neither was Bernie, TBH), so that's who we got. And now in 2020, once again, the people still wanted Bernie, but the DNC wanted Biden (mainly just because he was the Vice President to America's first Black President), so we're kind of screwed all over again.

Either way, I refuse to get my hopes up that something good will come out of the 2020 election, regardless of who the winner is - I'm expecting the worst: another four years of the orange dictator who is responsible for genocide, oppression, alienation, a recession, and basically doing the exact opposite of making America great.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because Michael “let’s frisk all black people” Bloomberg was so much better.
Again, Bloomberg has admitted it was a mistake and is trying to fix it . . . we can't even get Trump to do that, because he'll never admit to any wrongdoing or fix any of his mistakes, and just play his favorite game: the blame game.