Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know exactly what's going on since I've only seen people complaining about it on Twitter, but it appears that Trump has put Kuschner in charge of race relations, or something like that.

Knowing Trump, I'm surprised he didn't put Ben Carson in charge, considering he always puts the exact opposite kind of person in charge of certain departments within his Administration, and Carson hates his own race, it only makes sense.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So the governor of NH is expected to make additional reopening announcements today.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
In Seattle, protesters have taken over a seven-block stretch of downtown.
This newly-formed country is called the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ).
They don’t have their own flag yet, but give them time.
They built walls around their borders so no one can get in (wouldn’t that be racist?)
They have no police, except for some guards armed to the teeth. Part of the point was to protest police brutality, so they seceded from the union, and here is where we are.
The few local businesses in CHAZ still open have been shaken down to stay open.
The citizens of CHAZ brought some food with them, but was taken from them by the neighboring homeless people.
So now the CHAZ regime has a number of demands for the Seattle mayor and Washington governor.
Among them are:
Abolish police and courts.
Abolish prisons.
Abolish ICE (so illegal immigrants can move to CHAZ, I guess)
Repeal all marijuana arrests.

and best of all, send over some vegan sausages because the homeless people took their stuff.

Tired of Trump?
Tired of racist cops?
Tired of school shootings?
Tired of climate change?
Then move your a$$ to CHAZ now, and leave ‘Murka behind.

The Seattle city council was decent enough to donate some portable toilets. That will last for a week.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Do you know what the left wants taken off the air?

Paw Patrol.
Maybe some of you were young enough to grow up with this show, or have younger siblings.

But the target of the newly woke mentality is Chase, a German shepherd police dog.
It seems now there can’t be any tv shows depicting the police in a positive light.

COPS (a Fox staple as old as The Simpsons) got pulled too. The producers said for decades, they’ve compiled tons of footage, but were careful not to show too many black or Hispanic arrests.

I’ve paid lip service to some crime shows in recent years- Law and Order, CSI, and a good one from HBO called True Crimes. Some episodes were very well written, and I loved the interactions with their partners in the forensic labs. Some had some really good plot twists, where you thought you knew who caused the murder, and surprised at the end.

For a retro guy like me, I hope Barney Miller never gets the axe. Racially diverse cast, brilliant writing, and super acting with Abe Vigoda, Jack Soo, Ron Glass, Gregory Sierra, and New York’s lousiest coffee.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Do you know what the left wants taken off the air?

Paw Patrol.
Maybe some of you were young enough to grow up with this show, or have younger siblings.

But the target of the newly woke mentality is Chase, a German shepherd police dog.
It seems now there can’t be any tv shows depicting the police in a positive light.

COPS (a Fox staple as old as The Simpsons) got pulled too. The producers said for decades, they’ve compiled tons of footage, but were careful not to show too many black or Hispanic arrests.

I’ve paid lip service to some crime shows in recent years- Law and Order, CSI, and a good one from HBO called True Crimes. Some episodes were very well written, and I loved the interactions with their partners in the forensic labs. Some had some really good plot twists, where you thought you knew who caused the murder, and surprised at the end.

For a retro guy like me, I hope Barney Miller never gets the axe. Racially diverse cast, brilliant writing, and super acting with Abe Vigoda, Jack Soo, Ron Glass, Gregory Sierra, and New York’s lousiest coffee.
Loved Barney Miller. Can just picture Fish and Wojo being sent to deal with CHAZ

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Breaking news in the world of foreign affairs-
The country of CHAZ is still in existence after a week. From what the media was allowed to see, things look peaceful. Seattle mayor Jenny Durkin seems content to let the protesters have their little insurrection.

Their nominal leader is a rapper named Raz Simone. I’m waiting for his first State of the Union address.

CHAZ seems to be suffering a food shortage. The food truck ran out of vegan burritos and the stores within its borders had their shelves picked clean. But the industrious citizens planted their own garden... by spreading a thin layer of topsoil on the concrete. This fall should see a bumper harvest.

For their lack of police, there is still crime going on in the streets of CHAZ.
There is still stealing going on. But if you call 911, it takes 3 times longer to get there, if the guards will let them in at all.
Which is a dilemma for Seattle’s chief of police, Carla Best (a black woman, by the way). One time during a call she had a brick thrown at her. But she’s black. Don’t Black Lives Matter? But she’s a cop, and aren’t all cops racist? Dang, this gets confusing.

Stay tuned as events warrant.