Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Michael Bloomberg has quit.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s the smartest thing for Bloomberg to do is cut his losses now.I had a hunch he’d be in trouble wanting Hillary as his running mate.

I can’t stand Bernie’s policies, but one thing he has over everybody else is a shred of likability. That veneer of charisma. Obama had it, Trump has it, Bernie has a hint of it.

one of Bernie’s biggest goofs in the past week, claiming “I’m proud to be a Jew”. Then in the next breath, supporting Palestine, which wants to destroy Israel.

1) Open mouth.
2) Insert both feet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bloomberg was kind of our last shred of hope, in that he definitely had what it took to actually take Trump head-on: Bernie's falling apart like a cartoon skeleton, and Biden's so wimpy and sensitive, Trump would chew him up, spit him out, then stomp on what's left.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
....you really want someone who's just as bad as Mike Pence/Trump, who has gone out of his way to bash on the LGBT community or mocked those who need health care, for our president?

Alright man, not gonna change your mind. :smirk:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
one of Bernie’s biggest goofs in the past week, claiming “I’m proud to be a Jew”. Then in the next breath, supporting Palestine, which wants to destroy Israel.
Really? Did not come across like that at all to me. Sounded more like, these two people groups are both hurting and, while I’m Jewish, I can have compassion towards Palestinians and agree that they deserve such-and-such.

Sounded like he could put his Jewish identity aside enough to be unbiased in his thoughts on the situation.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Now it looks like the Democrat runners-up are getting behind Biden.
Bernie standing alone. No different than the Republicans in 2016. Once Trump became the nominee, Chris Christie, who competed so heavily against Trump, now wanted to suck up to him.
“Hey Donald, ol’ pal, how about a cushy cabinet position? I can be Secretary of Donuts and Coffee!”
Mayor Pete is making similar bids to Biden. I support you, you appoint me somewhere once you get into office.

Obama won’t do that, because he has not lifted a finger to support Biden. But he tried to throw his weight behind Hillary when she lost.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Now it looks like the Democrat runners-up are getting behind Biden.
Bernie standing alone. No different than the Republicans in 2016. Once Trump became the nominee, Chris Christie, who competed so heavily against Trump, now wanted to suck up to him.
“Hey Donald, ol’ pal, how about a cushy cabinet position? I can be Secretary of Donuts and Coffee!”
Mayor Pete is making similar bids to Biden. I support you, you appoint me somewhere once you get into office.

Obama won’t do that, because he has not lifted a finger to support Biden. But he tried to throw his weight behind Hillary when she lost.
President Obama isn't going to endorse a candidate before they officially pick a nominee. He will be needed at the convention to bring the two sides together. Endorsing one over the other isn't going to achieve that.

And the former candidates lining up behind Biden is because they are much more in line philosophically with him than they are with Bernie. Bernie is an extreme liberal. Klobuchar, Mayor Pete, Bloomberg are all centrists, just like Joe Biden. Warren needs to drop out and get behind Bernie. They are competing for the same voters. She is hurting him by staying in the race. Although she already did Biden a big favor (albeit unintentially) by taking out and absolutely shredding Bloomberg at the last debate. She cleared the path for Biden by torpedoing Bloomberg's chances. Best thing for Bernie would have been for Bloomberg to stay in the race and splitting the centrist Democrat vote.