Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As am I. :stick_out_tongue:

Just like I'm joking about the recall there was over the Kucinich figures: when you put them in water, they were supposed to grow, but they never did.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@D’snowth what do you think of the field of Democratic candidates?
Right now, I feel like the entire Democratic party is just a hot mess . . . I think so many of them are zeroed-in on trying to beat Trump in 2020 that watching them trying to debate one another is like watching a lite version of Springer or Maury.

As I've mentioned before, it appears to me that the DNC is making the same mistake for 2020 that they did in 2016: based on my observations, as with 2016, the people are still really, really wanting Bernie, but whereas in 2016 it was Hillary the DNC wanted and got, it appears for 2020 the DNC is wanting either Biden and Warren; the people don't seem to really like Biden all that much, not just because of his touchy-feely issues, but also because he's perhaps the most conservative Democrat running in the race (which makes him popular with, well, conservatives).

That being said, I'm finding that a lot of Bernie's policies are resonating with me moreso now than they did in 2016, if only because of the various hardships I've been dealing with these past couple of years under Trump - including losing health insurance coverage (twice), and the recession that's hurting the lower class. Still not crazy about his personality, though: during the last debate, it was painfully clear he yells too much by how hoarse his voice was.

Still not quite sure how I completely feel about the other candidates. For a while, it felt like either O'Rourke or Buttigieg might have been the kind of new, young blood Washington needs to shake up the political landscape, but they both also still seem a tad green, and as important as this race is, we need somebody with a decent amount of experience, as Trump has proved that lack of experience does not make for presidential material.

In addition to abortion, I think the other issue I disagree with them on is ICE: almost all of them feel ICE should remain intact; I don't. I still say ICE is essentially Trump's version of the Gestapo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Soooo . . . apparently the gays are now also retroactively responsible for God's global flood during the time of Noah's Ark . . . according to the conservative Christians.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
Soooo . . . apparently the gays are now also retroactively responsible for God's global flood during the time of Noah's Ark . . . according to the conservative Christians.
Source? I'm not disputing some nut job said it but I would like to see proof. As a Christian who attends church 95% of Christians I know have no problem with gay people at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's another tongue-in-cheek remark toward another meme they're passing around on social media right now:

I get the point it makes, but at the same time, this feels like yet another passive-aggressive measure for them to continue to look for reasons to blame gay people for anything.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
It's another tongue-in-cheek remark toward another meme they're passing around on social media right now:

I get the point it makes, but at the same time, this feels like yet another passive-aggressive measure for them to continue to look for reasons to blame gay people for anything.
My problem is you cant demonize a entire group of people because a idiot posted a dumb meme on Facebook. Not every Christian is a anti gay bigot.