Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
So basically Neymar Jr has been accused of Rape recently and a few days ago the lawyer of the girl retracted the accusation because she was lying.

Will she get prosecuted...

No because the system is f*cked

MWoO

Reaction score
So basically Neymar Jr has been accused of Rape recently and a few days ago the lawyer of the girl retracted the accusation because she was lying.

Will she get prosecuted...

No because the system is f*cked
Im of three schools of thought. On one hand, we do not want to discourage victims from coming forward by prosecuting accusers. On the other hand, if an allegation is deemed verifiably false, there should be a consequence. On the other other hand, we dont want to deter someone that made a false claim from admitting it.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Im of three schools of thought. On one hand, we do not want to discourage victims from coming forward by prosecuting accusers. On the other hand, if an allegation is deemed verifiably false, there should be a consequence. On the other other hand, we dont want to deter someone that made a false claim from admitting it.
The way I looked at it is:
If Found guilty of rape or sex offences , a man or woman should go to prison for 12 years or more.

If someone falsely accuses someone of rape: then that person goes to prison for 7-10 years.

MWoO

Reaction score
The way I looked at it is:
If Found guilty of rape or sex offences , a man or woman should go to prison for 12 years or more.

If someone falsely accuses someone of rape: then that person goes to prison for 7-10 years.
Thats a very black and white view of it. In our legal system judges decide sentences specifically because they know the whole scope of a trial, both defense and prosecution. Juries decide guilt. Guilty or not guilty has to do with what can be proven more so than what is reality.

Additionally, the stat that only 2 or 5 percent of rape allegations are false only pertains to allegations proven to be false. There are a good deal more that are gray area. How does one decide what to do then?

The truth is, most allegations are not verifiably false. However, if cases are not looked into diligently, there will be an uprise in false claims. The problem is the public condemns before any proof is shown and these days if you say you want to wait for proof you are some how evil.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's exactly what happened during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings last year. Due process went right out the window. Besides Christine Blaze Ford, two other women came forward accusing him of rape. Their testimonies kept contradicting one another, and none of them could prove beyond a reasonable doubt any of the accusations. But in the court of public opinion, Kavanaugh was guilty! There's no proof of rape, but let's lock him up anyway!
He was found innocent, but none of the accusers were held guilty of perjury (lying in court).
Rape is a serious crime and should be dealt with accordingly, but perjury is as equally severe. Judges don't like getting lied to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's what a lot of conservatives have. Facts and data to back their claims up. Ben Shapiro, Michael Knowles, Dennis Prager, Candace Owens, they're not just pulling rhetoric out of thin air. Many on the left are running on emotions. As long as the subject matter is comfortable to talk about and doesn't offend them, that's all that matters.
"Trump is a racist and drops the N-bomb on people of color!"
"Can you give a specific example?"
Long pause...
"Well, he just is!"
There are parts of Trump's character that leave room for improvement, but if you can cite specific facts and instances, you'll win people over.
Truth is, most of the extreme left libs I see that just make up “he said, she said” stuff about Trump whether they’re actually true or not happen to live in California. And then I’m just thinking “Okay, yeah, that makes a lot of sense.”

Honestly I’m just at that point where if I see someone think something, I’m not gonna change their mind. Cause the truth is, no one wants to change their minds with facts. It’s just scientifically proven. Even I’m like that. I’m the kind of person who just learns things better for himself.

I will also be honest on Ben Shapiro - I used to support the guy when I was right-leaning myself, until I noticed just how phony his website the daily wire was. That’s when I stopped.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Real talk though, it’s really annoying when people silence others saying “All lives matter!” If there’s a black lives matter protest against police brutality going on (I DO, however, have my own issues with that group, but that’s another topic for another time) and then go out of their way to say things like, “Muslims be invading our country!” Or “Homosexuality is a sin against God!” Or “Transgenderism is a mental disorder!”, etc. It just makes you look like you just want the spotlight all on you, much so as people wanting stuff like “White History Month” Or “Straight Pride” because they don’t actually know WHY we have stuff like this to begin with.

I once had the “All lives matter” mentality myself and I’m glad I don’t anymore. I understand This isn’t always the case with everyone who thinks this - many are actually true to what they say with “All lives matter”, so much so as I was when I had that. But people also need to really think and put yourself in someone else’s shoes when they say that.

Yes, all lives matter. But in many cases, they aren’t being treated like they do.