Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Ehhhhh, she said Sanders was finally ready for prom and then made fun of her makeup. As a woman, I found it catty and disappointing.

This wasn’t a roast. It was an attack at the enemy. No better than Trump. And I’m done with both. Both parties can do without my vote and all the news networks can do without my ratings. That is the only wake up call I had.
She made fun of her smoky eye but it was attached to her job, not her looks, and she didn't disparage them. So, that counts. It would have been an attack against the enemy if she'd only attacked republicans, but she attacked all. I guess we all see things through our own prisms. You see things through a conservative, yet not republican, prism. I see things through a weary progressive prism, with former conservative ties. I loved this roast. It was awesome. It put everyone in their place and the only real attack was on lies, weakness and Trump. Trump deserves it and I loved how she skewered him on a point a few people do. That guy's not a successful businessman. He's a charlatan in everything he does. That, not Russia, China, or cheating, is the most likely reason that he won't release his taxes. He's not as rich as he pretends to be and the blow to his pride is worse than the present criticism. I don't see this as "no better than" Trump. I see it as a reaction to him in the exact appropriate place to make it. Furthering it would be a mistake. But all that was said needed to be said IMHO. The stuff about the weak tea of liberals, the hypocrisy of the media, the heartlessness of republicans toward the poor - all of it. I'm glad someone finally had the guts to say all of that and in that way. But, again, now that it's been said we must put in the work to make things better. That's ALL of us. Trump will be no help. We, however, can. It will take all of us.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Dude, your nitpicking is completely unconvincing. It was about her looks.

And dude, this is the same problem we always have. Because I don’t worship the most extreme left position possible, you think I see things from a conservative perspective. All this time and you still know nothing about me, lol. I appreciate your support about the boyfriend thing the other day, but clearly there are things we will never come together on. And that’s fine, the country needs to get back to the point where that isn’t such a crime.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Dude, your nitpicking is completely unconvincing. It was about her looks.

And dude, this is the same problem we always have. Because I don’t worship the most extreme left position possible, you think I see things from a conservative perspective. All this time and you still know nothing about me, lol. I appreciate your support about the boyfriend thing the other day, but clearly there are things we will never come together on. And that’s fine, the country needs to get back to the point where that isn’t such a crime.
The majority of what she said wasn't about their looks, but I guess there is some. Still, not in the usual context of taking down the looks of women. She never said she looked bad. Also, I don't worship the most extreme left position either. That's unfair. I don't understand why you're personalizing this. I wasn't. I'm not always going to agree with you no matter what. You're not always going to convince me of squat, but that's not the point of conversing. It's not required for either of us to change - just to learn more about the other's point of view. We've just simply reached a point where we disagree and can move on. The way you've written it sounds as if you're troubled by that and that troubles me. Are you okay? Or am I reading that wrong? :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The majority of what she said wasn't about their looks, but I guess there is some. Still, not in the usual context of taking down the looks of women. She never said she looked bad. Also, I don't worship the most extreme left position either. That's unfair. I don't understand why you're personalizing this. I wasn't. I'm not always going to agree with you no matter what. You're not always going to convince me of squat, but that's not the point of conversing. It's not required for either of us to change - just to learn more about the other's point of view. We've just simply reached a point where we disagree and can move on. The way you've written it sounds as if you're troubled by that and that troubles me. Are you okay? :embarrassed:
Of course she was saying she looked bad, are you kidding me?

Yes, please learn my point of view and stop putting me in the conservative box. And dude, I literally just said it was fine that we can disagree. Are YOU ok with it?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Also, one point that I think was missed was in that tasteless joke about abortion, there's a point where it goes truly grotesque in a way that I didn't like, but she referred to the fetus as a baby. That's what Pro Lifer's should be tweeting about. Rewind the tape. She totally does! And this is coming from a Pro Choice guy. I found that a remarkable moment in the roast.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Of course she was saying she looked bad, are you kidding me?

Yes, please learn my point of view and stop putting me in the conservative box. And dude, I literally just said it was fine that we can disagree. Are YOU ok with it?
Are you sure you're not conservative? I know you're not republican. Those are two different things. Is it the fact that you disavow descriptive labels when it comes to politics? Or are you more libertarian? Or is it that you consider your view to be independent (not independent party, but independent) with some shared views with conservatives, but not their methods? I think it's that last one, kinda.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Well she wasn’t wrong.
Aren't you pleased, at least, that someone noticed that. I haven't heard a peep on social media about it, but it's plain as day and could be used to great impact. Instead, people are parsing other parts of the roast that we all knew would be said. Typical lazy media.