Respectful Politics Thread (Let's Just See)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The issue I have with Swift is the fact that I feel like she is a HUGE gold digger. I mean, think about it. Most of her songs are about her falling in love with some guy and then making a song about their breakup.

It also doesn't help that she basically writes these songs from HER point of view, when honestly, I can't help but wonder if alot of her breakups were caused by herself and she doesn't want to admit it.

I personally would never wish her harm, but she is certainly someone I would never want to meet in person.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
^ There. @LittleJerry92 pretty much sums it up. I'll also go further and mention that she really is a milder version of Kanye, or even Trump, in that she places a lot of self-importance on herself: she gets whiney and ***** if she's not nominated or doesn't win an award for her music. Not to mention the poor moves she makes with a lot of her relationships . . . like when she was dating that Kennedy boy, and she dropped a buttload of money to buy herself a house on the Kennedy Compound, then they break up shortly afterwards? Or when she ruined Tom Hiddleston's career with him wearing that "I <3 TS" t-shirt? The dude was on the verge of becoming the next James Freakin' Bond.

But, moving on . . . this is interesting. . . .
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/201...sign-go-far-sid-miller-calls-others-call-cops

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Unpopular opinion: I smiled when Kanye interrupted her speech.

Moving on now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah. Back when he was still unintentionally funny and memeworthy. But, this was years ago, and this schtick of his has gotten old and stale.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well we live in a day in age where you are guilty until proven innocent, and even when you are innocent your still guilty. What's wrong is right and what's right is wring....
All the more reason the preservation of due process is so important. Presumption of innocence. The court of public opinion varies so much more (the mere suggestion Dr. Ford is to believed despite no corroborating evidence, Kavanaugh must be guilty, etc.)
but is not legally binding.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Honestly I will never go vegan.

I gotta have my meats. Yeah, sure, you can get protein from dairy products but so what? I love putting that beef and chicken in my mouth.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, even if you were vegan, you couldn't put dairy products into your mouth anyway: vegetarians only not eat meat; vegans don't eat anything that comes from an animal, including dairy products.

Trust me, I know, my cousin and his wife have become staunch vegans in recent years . . . and yes, they're among the kind that act like you are scum of the earth for eating animals.

I know they say dairy and meat are actually the worst food groups for you, but beavershomeit, they're two of my favorites!