Remembering Phil McKeon

Steve Arino

Reaction score
Yesterday, according to People Magazine via https://people.com/tv/philip-mckeon-dies-at-age-55/ Phil McKeon, best known as a former child actor for his role on the hit '70s sitcom "Alice," has died after a Long Illness at age 55.

Originally from Westbury, New York, Phil and his younger sister, Nancy, began their respective careers as Child Actors; Nancy went on to fame and fortune in her own right on the hit '70s sitcom "The Facts of Life," spun off from the hit '70s Gary Coleman sitcom vehicle "Diff'rent Strokes."

Later in life, Phil worked in radio both in Los Angeles and in rural Wimberly, Texas, where Phil died yesterday and hosted his own radio show.

Besides Nancy, Phil is survived by his and Nancy's mother, Barbara (their dad, Don, died in October 2019, predeceasing Phil) and 2 nieces.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Phil was a good actor . May he R.I.P & condolences to his family

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember him from "Alice"- he's just a little older than me.
In the early 80s, he starred in a movie they showed us in high school about drinking and driving. (We were getting to the age of doing both).
Philip got this fast new car, but also liked having a few beers. He and . a few drunken buddies have a drag race, flips his car, and kills his girlfriend.Stern warning to us 17 year olds.