Remembering Jerry Nelson: 6 Years Later

gravy

Reaction score
One of my favorite songs from the underrated Truro Daydreams.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I remember years ago that Jerry Nelson was a forum member. I had contact with him briefly. We used to share private messages. I was barely communicating with him when he terminated his membership. Probably his health was a major reason for his decision. He sent me one last message thanking him for wishing him a speedy recovery.

I always hoped one day he would come back and we could talk again. But as we all know he passed away from his illnesses and I remember tears pricking my eyes for a split second while I thought of how much I deeply missed this man who I had barely begun to know through the internet. I still deeply mourn for him and may he rest in peace.

:cry::cry::cry:

fragglevision

Reaction score
One of my favorite songs from the underrated Truro Daydreams.

Seconded. It's my absolute favorite due to all the raw emotion he put into it.

To be honest, I haven't been quite the same since Jerry died. I've recovered from this blow significantly, but I still feel a persistent lingering sadness to this day. Every time I think about it, I can't stand it. The sadness I regularly feel around this time was only compounded by Stefan Karl's passing last week (they share a birthday, you know). Both of these guys were instrumental in shaping me into the person I am today and I cannot thank them enough for that. May they both RIP.

Man, illness is the woooooorst.

Edited to add a little post-script to this: There was a short thunderstorm in my area last night, and I sadly thought to myself "Jerry's still counting." Maybe you might think of Jerry and the Count when you hear thunder...

Last edited: