Real NY Street Permanently Renamed 'Sesame Street' in Honor of 50th Anniversary

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Very exciting news!
Text lifted directly from MuppetMindset, because i'm lazy :stick_out_tongue::
"Recently we told you that the city of New York would be permanently renaming the interesection of 63rd and Broadway ‘Sesame Street’! And, sure enough, it happened just moments ago.
Big Bird, The Count, Grover, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Grungetta, Rosita, Rudy and Louie, plus their respective puppeteers, were all on hand (Wocka Wocka) to celebrate the occasion, as were previous cast members Sonia Manzano (Maria), Emilio Delgado (Luis), Bob McGrath (Bob), Dr Loretta Long (Susan), Alison Bartlett (Gina) and Roscoe Orman (Gordon), alongside current cast members Alan Muraoka (Alan) and Suki Lopez (Nina)."

Here's a video of the full event, with an intro by Sonia Manzano:

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wonder if Noel is puppeteering Big Bird while, Matt is providing the voice live.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I wonder if Noel is puppeteering Big Bird while, Matt is providing the voice live.
Very possible. I saw a video on Twitter, and I could be wrong, but I think I saw Matt doing Big Bird's voice on stage at the same time he was performing The Count.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Very possible. I saw a video on Twitter, and I could be wrong, but I think I saw Matt doing Big Bird's voice on stage at the same time he was performing The Count.
That was what was going on (source: me being in the crowd).

As for Noel, he wasn't at the event. Paul McGinnis and Andrew Moriarty were there, so it might have been one of them.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
That was what was going on (source: me being in the crowd).

As for Noel, he wasn't at the event. Paul McGinnis and Andrew Moriarty were there, so it might have been one of them.
I think it might’ve been Andrew Moriarty, I heard he steps in for Big Bird like events like these. I heard he was even in the suit for the Caroll Spinney party last year

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Some pretty surprising absences were Abby, Bert, and Oscar. I guess the latter two weren't there because Eric was busy doing Grover.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Really nice. Loved seeing the old-timers there for the event!

I was surprised they had "Be Doodle De Dum" as filler music afterwards instead of a more traditional Sesame track. Wonder if there was any other pre or post-event music.

And that was some wonderful español from Mr. de Blasio.

Some pretty surprising absences were Abby, Bert, and Oscar. I guess the latter two weren't there because Eric was busy doing Grover.
Maybe Leslie was unavailable or had other obligations?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Maybe Leslie was unavailable or had other obligations?
I think Leslie is on tour with her character, so she couldn’t make it for the time. I’m surprise Marty didn’t show up with Telly.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I was surprised they had "Be Doodle De Dum" as filler music afterwards instead of a more traditional Sesame track. Wonder if there was any other pre or post-event music.
They were just looping "The Best of Elmo" album.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
This was just what the fans needed for Sesame Street's 50th. It was cool to see Roscoe Orman, Emilio Delgado and some of the other human characters there. It sucks that Carol Spinney couldn't be there though