R.I.P. Mickey Rooney (1920-2014)

Schfifty

Reaction score
TMZ (and now other sources) has reported that veteran Hollywood star Mickey Rooney has just passed away. Many of us are familiar with him from his cameo in The Muppets during the first "Life's a Happy Song" performance. He also appeared in the legendary comedy It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World with dozens of other actors, including the recently deceased Sid Caesar.

He's had one of the longest acting careers in the industry, lasting nearly his entire life. Since 1978, he had been married to Jan Chamberlin (aka Jan Rooney), who has a career as a singer.

Rest in peace, Mr. Rooney. Thank you for all the work you've done in Hollywood. :sympathy:

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
NOOOOOO!!, huh, ah well, guess he had to go sometime, huh, anyways, Mickey Rooney, you will be missed, and I'll always remember you for mainly Life's A Happy Song in The Muppets, hopefully you'll be good up there with God.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Gosh this is sad, he seemed so cool in TM'11, sad to see him go, but at least he had a long life "R.I.P Mickey''. :sympathy:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I have realized that it's been said that he had been rough moments in his senior years, but I thought he was an amazing actor no matter what his age was. He will be with Judy Garland in heaven now.

R.I.P. Mickey Rooney! :sigh:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
You know, it's weird. Earlier last night, I was thinking to myself, for whatever reason, "Mickey Rooney sure has been around for awhile. I wonder if he'll live to be 100!". I guess not. Mickey was a performer from the age of seventeen months, and kept working up until recently. Few people had such a long, amazing career. RIP Joseph "Mickey Rooney" Yule, Jr.

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
This is so sad. I remember him recently appearing in the audience during Jay Leno's second-to-last Tonight Show. He will be missed by all. :cry:

R.I.P Mickey Rooney

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I remember loving his movie Girl Crazy (with Judy Garland) when I was a kid. Fun musical comedy and Mickey was so adorable in his prime, hehe. Plus Boys Town, he is amazing in that film, always made me cry, very inspirational. I highly recommend both. I'll see if I can find a clip later. Thanks for the memories! :smile: