R.I.P Maurice Sendak

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Beloved childrens author and illustrator Maurice Sendak has died at age 83 from complications arising from a stroke.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/09/books/maurice-sendak-childrens-author-dies-at-83.html
Personally, I am devasted to learn of his passing and am having trouble thinking straight at the moment, let alone not shaking.

Last night I watched Tell Them Anything You Want : A Portrait of Maurice Sendak, a documentary I found completely moving. Sendak was and still is my idol, I hope to do to puppetry what he did to children's literature. I'm in shock, shaking and nauseous after reading of his passing. I spent all of today thinking about getting a Sendak related tattoo, I have for a while, but now I feel as if it is an obligation more than just "something cool". His influence upon me as an artist and just on how to view life is immeasureable.

Rest In Peace, Maurice Sendak.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Very sad. I recently downloaded the soundtrack album to Really Rosie and I thought that him and Carole King did an excellent job working together. He was one of the best children's authors of all time.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Hasn't sunk in yet, I'm still just, I can't even...

Horrible. So many heroes and role models just, gone. It's too much. :cry:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Sad to hear he passed, but still eternally grateful for Bumble Arty. Which isn't bad, in fact, it's fine.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Gee, this is almost eerily similar to George Lindsey... both dying so soon after each other, and both at the age of 83... :frown:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Wow. Geez.

Silent.

--------------