R.I.P Gary Coleman

muppet baby

Reaction score
i just heard that he died about 10 min ago i knew this morning that he was in the hospital in crital condetion that just makes me so so sad . i really liked his acting .

I loved different stroks so much as a kid and i am colleting the dvd sets . it really put me in a good mood if i was having a bad day . still does love it no matter what .

gary has had a hard life with bad health problems , i really hate he had to go though all of that .

muppetperson

Reaction score
Shocking news.Rest in peace.He was a character and will be sadly missed.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
i just heard that he died about 10 min ago i knew this morning that he was in the hospital in crital condetion that just makes me so so sad . i really liked his acting .

I loved different stroks so much as a kid and i am colleting the dvd sets . it really put me in a good mood if i was having a bad day . still does love it no matter what .

gary has had a hard life with bad health problems , i really hate he had to go though all of that .
That is tragic. I thought he was very talented.:cry:

I always enjoyed Different Strokes when I was a boy and I'll enjoy watching it with you one day Sweetie.
RIP Gary. You were wonderful.:cry:

Luke

Reaction score
I was really disgusted that the spokesperson for the hospital was chewing gum whilst announcing his death to the media, how disrespectful.

Xerus

Reaction score
I grew up watching Gary Coleman. Both on Different Strokes and The Gary Coleman Show. Along with his movies, The Kid With the Broken Halo and Scout's Honor. Plus the things he did as an adult like starring in a Scooby Doo movie spoof and appearing on Married With Children and was a voice on The Curse of Monkey Island video game. May your R.I.P. Gary Coleman. :cry:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
RIP....i read the article about his condition this morn ....i actually said to myself i bet he would die today

Drtooth

Reaction score
The curse of Different Strokes continues .... RIP Gary, you will be missed!
The curse of Diffr'nt Strokes (I know Different was spelled poorly) is far reaching, especially for Coleman. Sure, a lot of 1980's sitcoms had a seedy underbelly of discontent... I read stuff about ALF that was kinda disheartening... but at least ALF was a really fun show.

Gary's life was absolutely ruined by that show (as were several of the other actors), making it impossible for him to get any work that didn't use him for camp value. And anyone in that situation would be decidedly frustrated. Sure, Batman made Adam West a star, but it was hard to find work after that, and he was often type cast. Bela Lugosi had to spend the rest of his career after Dracula making terrible horror movies. It happens, and it's a very unfortunate thing about fame... and again, it goes far back as Bela Lugosi.

It's really a shame he passed on too early, due to his condition he has since childhood. At least we can all say he's at peace now. Especially since he became a joke for most of his life.

Luke

Reaction score
Sure, a lot of 1980's sitcoms had a seedy underbelly of discontent... I read stuff about ALF that was kinda disheartening... but at least ALF was a really fun show.

It's really a shame he passed on too early, due to his condition he has since childhood. At least we can all say he's at peace now. Especially since he became a joke for most of his life.
With ALF it was supposed to be a fairly tiring show to work on so the cast weren't exactly overjoyed by the hours. Max Wright had his problems, so did Jim. J Bullock, and Andrea Elson, but she ended up ok after it and meeting her future husband. Coulda been worse.

I'm glad Gary's at peace too. I know people think these stars have it all great and special treatment, and i'm sure he did have some times where he was fortunate, but overall it seems to have been a life with some very rough times.