Sesame Street Classics HBO Max Rollouts

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Right, we can’t have segments with muppets pulling off body parts!

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
(LOL) I thought you were going for the seventh monster who "just screws off his head".

Season 12 has the batch of Buffy episodes I'd like to see again, which also had a relative of Maria's visiting.

ssetta

Reaction score
I watched 3043 on HBO Max yesterday, and I noticed that "Yakety Yak" was left intact. I was very surprised it was not cut.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Well, I did notice that out of the 100+ episodes available, some segments were only seen on just one episode, such as "D-Dart" and "V for Vitamins" to name two. They likely only wanted to pay royalties for just one occurrence of such segments. Some segments, such as the snowman poem, was released more than once though.

I did notice, in the second batch of fresh classics last December, there were some segments that were not seen among the original batch from May 27, 2020. They include "T for toys, teacher, turtles with brains, etc.", "Scanimate H", "Riding on the Train", and "J for Jack-in-the-Box" (the latter with Gary Owens' voice).

That said, I think it's pretty likely that there may be no more fresh classics for quite some time (at least), as there are very few classic segments remaining that were never shown among the 100+ episodes existing on HBO Max.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
Could the Workshop not make this library accessible to us under some Act of Congress, circumventing such issues as royalties, P.R. correctness du jour, and all other corporate interests? To date, the most faithful re-releases of episodes were the two iTunes packages from about 10 years ago. Don't get me wrong: I'll abide by the edited commercial releases if that's all we can get, but if SW or HBO can't be more forthcoming about if or when future releases are coming, then what's the sense of paying a monthly subscription?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean, tough pill to swallow, there are a lot of rights issues involved when it comes to clearing up certain segments for commercial releases - celebrity estates, music rights for song covers, animated segments etc

As for when we get more releases, the most we have to learn is just being patient and see what’s in store or just accept what we have if there are no plans for future releases, cause in the end, it’s their content.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
That's why I was thinking (out loud) about a library or museum membership that would allow me to go to WGBH, once the pandemic protocols permit, and view these episodes as are, let's say, for research. I'm an artist, or I was before the pandemic shut us down, so I agree with royalty stuff, so long as through corporate channels is the only way.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That's why I was thinking (out loud) about a library or museum membership that would allow me to go to WGBH, once the pandemic protocols permit, and view these episodes as are, let's say, for research. I'm an artist, or I was before the pandemic shut us down, so I agree with royalty stuff, so long as through corporate channels is the only way.
WGBH requires an appointment to schedule for visiting. It doesn’t necessarily have to be for research, you can also schedule an appointment for educational purposes.

If you do want to make one for research then I recommend just mentioning you’re a Muppet wiki editor and they’ll let you in.