Question: Grover/Bert Death Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marky

Reaction score
Okay, I haven't thought about this for years, until this forum started me thinking about SS.

I recall in university in the rez caf hearing people say things like "Didja hear? Grover died!", or "Did you see SS - Bert dies! It was so sad! Ernie was alone saying 'How can I go on without my ol' buddy Bert?"

I don't believe it now anymore than I did then, but could any of you confirm the bogus-ness of these tall-tales for me please?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After Jim Henson died, there were rumors that Sesame Street was planning on having Ernie die. Sometime after this, there were rumors of more Sesame Street Muppets, such as Bert and Grover, dying. But they are just rumors.

Marky

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
After Jim Henson died, there were rumors that Sesame Street was planning on having Ernie die. Sometime after this, there were rumors of more Sesame Street Muppets, such as Bert and Grover, dying. But they are just rumors.
That's what I thought. Amazing how people claim to have seen things which never happened (unlike the time the Droids showed up. I knew I wasn't dreaming on that one)!

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I remember hearing the rumor they were going to give Ernie AIDS. But I never believed it.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I think the reason why the Rumor about Bert may have gotten started is because of the fact that you don't really see Bert as much anymore, and Ernie has his own segment Journey to Ernie, and up until a few years ago, Ernie was getting a lot of starring roles in the main storylines of the show, but he was always without Bert, with a few exceptions. I'm not sure how the Grover Rumor got started, but it may have been during the time, Grover wasn't being used on the street and was only seen in inserted material, which is sometimes hard to tell if it's brand new, or a few years old.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That'd be kinda like saying after Mel Blanc died "Oh did you hear, every single Looney Tune character died"/

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Off track but in High school i heard that there Wewre going to MOVE Ernie and Bert to seprete rooms so there wasn't the perception they where gay

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
Ignorance just breeds more ignorance.:attitude:
its a fair staement some parents don't have a problem with alteritve lifestyles . BUT don't want ther young children expose to it

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
its a fair staement some parents don't have a problem with alteritve lifestyles . BUT don't want ther young children expose to it
yea well you know you don't need to keep bringing it up in just about every other thread. I keep my thoughts on other worldy things private and I'd apricate it you'd stop bashing a type of people.
thank you.
I think they need to start teaching about hate on Sesame Street again maybe...not like anyone really listend to jim henson and the things he taught all of us as kids anyways...:rolleyes:
and you know all kinds of people have aids maybe you should go watch the African Sesame Street and get better educated.:frown:
I will say this though everyone can think whatever they want of ernie and bert it's a free country and a free midn your born with...but I will say this I remember that rumour of Ernie getting aids it was one of the worst things I was ever told by kids in art school gay straight or whatever I did not want to see such a thing happen to such a beloved character. It would have made me cry like when I think of how jim henson died. just really wrong people can be so cruel.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.