Puppet Props

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to post this because it's a combination of Puppet building, Classic Sesame Street and The Muppets. Basically, how where the Muppet props built. All I can think of is foam but a lot of the props that were used from a log to a prop in a characters hand like a telephone or something, they for the most part look so realistic. I beleave from the Sam & Friends and 60s Muppet Commercials time, a lot of the props where used from cardboard, paper material. But as the years went on, the props got more and more advanced looking. So I'm just curious. The only knowledge I have was watching a special feature on my Muppet Treasure Island DVD on how they would take something simple like tin cans and turn them into mugs for The Muppet characters because the props need to be slightly scaled to their size as well as for a hand and rod character to lightly hold in their hands without struggle.

WillyThePig

Reaction score
well there is no correct or incorrecct way to make props. They can pretty much made from anything as long as its not too heavy. just try to be creative...if you watch some of the behind the scenes videos from movies like coraline (even though its a stop-motion film they give some good examples of how everyday items can be used to look like whatever they want it to.