Promo for The Muppet Show on Nickelodeon

DMHFan

Reaction score
I could use your help. I recall this one promo from 1994 promoting The Muppet Show on Nickelodeon. Here's what I remember:
Some guy saying something like "too old for The Muppet Show"
Clips of sketches like The Swedish Chef, Veterinarian's Hospital, and Pigs in Space
Fozzie pieing Kermit in the face (from the Vincent Price episode)
Kermit saying "The invisible cheeseburger has lost his voice!" (from the Gene Kelly episode)

And I also remember this from near the end of the promo:
(The remaining bits of the fifth season version of The Muppet Show Closing Theme play, starting from Lips's trumpet solo)

Announcer: And if you're not too old for it, The Muppet Show is right back where you left it! Weeknights at 7:30/6:30 central, only on Nickelodeon!

Does anyone remember it? If so, I could use help looking for it.

Last edited:

datman24

Reaction score
I know what promo you're talking about. It was on YouTube at one time, but it doesn't appear to be anymore.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I know what promo you're talking about. It was on YouTube at one time, but it doesn't appear to be anymore.
I hope someone has that promo on a Nickelodeon tape from 1994. They should reupload the promo to YouTube, considering it's rare.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to look, but I feel like there would be random Nick '90s broadcasts on YouTube that this is in.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wish I'd remembered that one. I feel this is the kind of thing I would remember if I saw it, and I basically watched Nickelodeon all the time back then. I don't remember too many Muppet Show promos on the channel. Of course I have seen one on YouTube (not the one mentioned in this thread) that I actually don't remember seeing back then (which has a scene from the Gene Kelly episode with Kermit saying the angry cheeseburger lost his voice; I'm pretty sure that scene was actually cut from Nick's broadcasts).

DMHFan

Reaction score
I wish I'd remembered that one. I feel this is the kind of thing I would remember if I saw it, and I basically watched Nickelodeon all the time back then. I don't remember too many Muppet Show promos on the channel. Of course I have seen one on YouTube (not the one mentioned in this thread) that I actually don't remember seeing back then (which has a scene from the Gene Kelly episode with Kermit saying the angry cheeseburger lost his voice; I'm pretty sure that scene was actually cut from Nick's broadcasts).
The scene from the Gene Kelly episode with Kermit saying "The invisible cheeseburger has lost his voice!" might have been in the promo mentioned in this thread, but I'm not sure.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I know this thread's a bit old, but I managed to find the promo on ok.ru and upload it on YouTube!

Last edited: