Professor Iris

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
whos familiar with this show? one of the characters (a flower) is played by the same person who plays Basil the Polar Bear from Canada's Sesame Park. who knows this shiz-ow? its off the heezy fo cheezy

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I pulled this out of the TV show section of the Puppetry.ca database, which is still being compiled:

Created by award-winning cartoonist/animator Henri Desclez, this colorful puppet series places important early elementary learning in an unusual and fun classroom setting. CLEANLINESS, COLORS, LIGHT, TEETH, FRIENDSHIPS, SHAPES, THE FOUR SEASONS, and other significant topics are covered. Young students can't help but learn with the catchy educational songs. Questions are posed and interactions between PROFESSOR IRIS and his students reinforce the educational content of each lesson.

A total of 156 fifteen minute episodes were produced, sometimes seen edited together as a series of seventy-eight half hour episodes.

We don't seem to have a cast list compiled yet (if someone has it and can post it, that would be wonderful). I'm not exactly sure who did what in the cast - but it included Ronnie Burkett and Frank Meschkuleit I believe. Tim Gosley (who originated Basil) may have done it too.

Many of the same people involved in Professor Iris both in front of and behind the camera involved also did "Chicken Minute", "Little Star" and "St. Bear's Doll Hospital" (although the latter was produced in Denmark by a different company).

BTW, if you are ever looking for puppeteer cast lists there is a great (but not comprehensive) Web site called Voice Chasers.