Prairie Dawn Build.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to share my second build, Prairie Dawn.

She is bigger than scale but I'm pretty sure my hands are bigger than Fran Brill's. She is about the size of a 2.5 - 3 year old child. I consider her to be a bit of a mash up between old and new style Prairie Dawn. She will get a small hair trim. I'm happy with her so far but she sure needs a body! I knew I was on the right track when my 2.5 yr old daughter came downstairs and saw her head and said, 'Oh Daddy! That's Prairie Dawn!' She is looking forward to having many conversations with her :wink:

I'm still on the look out for a suitable frilly under shirt.

:smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow not bad, looks almost like the real Prairie Dawn.

A friendly note, you might want to reajust the eyes they look a little off, and if you have heard anything from the puppet builders at Henson eye placement is everything.

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Yeah, eye placement is everything, for sure! I can't take the chance on pulling her eyes up, they are hot glued. She will just be for fun and my daughter is excited for her to start visiting so I'm not too concerned with it. I'd be pretty sad if her face got ruined. I've learned that it's best to start with a muppet that you like and not love; that way, you're less picky about it when it's not exact.

I'm working on a Cookie Monster right now....taking a little break from finishing Prairie's body. I did find some nice little black shoes for her at the thrift shop. :smile:

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
129 views and 1 reply? I guess my Prairie Dawn sucks! LOL! My daughter and I were at the table eating lunch and she said to me out of nowhere: "don't forget to finish Prairie Dawn's body". She's 2.5 yrs old so lots of what she says is random. I guess she's been thinking about it....which is super sweet. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
129 views and 1 reply? I guess my Prairie Dawn sucks! LOL! My daughter and I were at the table eating lunch and she said to me out of nowhere: "don't forget to finish Prairie Dawn's body". She's 2.5 yrs old so lots of what she says is random. I guess she's been thinking about it....which is super sweet. :smile:
Don't let that get you down. It takes time to get people to comment on here sometimes. She looks great, and I can't wait to see more of your work.

WalterLinz

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just wanted to share my second build, Prairie Dawn.

She is bigger than scale but I'm pretty sure my hands are bigger than Fran Brill's. She is about the size of a 2.5 - 3 year old child. I consider her to be a bit of a mash up between old and new style Prairie Dawn. She will get a small hair trim. I'm happy with her so far but she sure needs a body! I knew I was on the right track when my 2.5 yr old daughter came downstairs and saw her head and said, 'Oh Daddy! That's Prairie Dawn!' She is looking forward to having many conversations with her :wink:

I'm still on the look out for a suitable frilly under shirt.

:smile:
Awww she looks adorable!! I love the fact that she's a combination of her older and newer designs! Well done!!:smile: -applauds-

Last edited:

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Oh Shucks, thanks all! She needs a body and then a video !.

Cookie Monster build thread coming soon......

FoxWorthy

Reaction score
Got the arms done and the dress officially on. Still needs arm rods, legs and feet but I'm happy with her so far. :smile:

Sorry for the sideways photos. They were embedding so I put them in directly and this is how they go in even though I did take the time to flip them the right way.

Last edited: