Portable monitor

Rowbes

Reaction score
I had a shoot last week where I was the only puppeteer. They asked what I needed, and I requested a bottle of water, an apple box to sit on, and a monitor. They said they didn't have a monitor with them, so I just asked for an rca feed, and plugged it into my 7-inch portable DVD player.

I was able to automatically correct my mistakes, and look extra professional for coming prepared! I think that went over really well with the production staff.

I highly reccommend those portable players for those who do various jobs for video. They're not too expensive, and you never know when someone won't have a monitor. Mine is an AMW brand M270 model, and it has worked great since I got it two christmases ago.

Jinx

Reaction score
Bravo! What an excellent idea! It seems to me that it was short-sightedness on the part of the production crew to not realize that a puppeteer needs a monitor, but your elegant solution fixes everything without making anyone look like "the bad guy".

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Yeah, those little LCD jobs are handy. I don't own one, but I'd like to.

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Oops! Brain fart.:embarrassed: Sorry about that. I just didn't understand you were talking about a DVD player.

shtick

Reaction score
Genius! Its one of those "I can't believe I didn't figure this out by now" things! :crazy:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
It's a great idea, however if you film outside you want a basic tube monitor. LCD's don't show up in sunlight unless you have a really good hood for them.