"Playhouse Disney's Preschool Time" premieres on-line

hehehe

Reaction score
I don't know if this qualifies as Muppet news or not, but.. Playhouse Disney has just launched a new broadband internet service called "Playhouse Disney's Preschool Time." I guess it's sort of like an interactive TV show on the computer for kids. I put this here because it's hosted by Bear. Noel McNeal is voicing him. :smile: Every two weeks, there will be a different learning theme to the show, like this week it's "Braver Behavior": how to fight your fears. The reason I wasn't sure whether to put it on is, Bear is rendered in 3D. Good 3D, but still. You get a 7-day free trial by going to http://www.preschooltime.com, but you have to give them your credit card number. they won't charge you until you become a member, though. Well, that's the news.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Bear in 3D?!?!?! Gack. And whatever happened to all the other characters, not to mention, the HOUSE?

Sheesh.

hehehe

Reaction score
Clarification for Kermiebaby

This "show" is on the Internet, so it may have been too hard to film full-motion video of the actual Muppet. There will be 26 shows a year, according to the site, so that could be the reason why they went 3D. The 3D's actually not too far off from the actual muppet. As to the other characters: In the old preview video (that's not on there now) it did show Tutter in the Big Blue House kitchen, although Bear does not run the show from the Big Blue House, but a schoolhouse setting (what I gather from the new video) I will go on the site Monday and post a review of Bear's involvement.

One more thing I should clarify: this is not just a Bear show; Bear is hosting the actual site, but the games are based on and hosted by other Playhouse Disney characters (JoJo, Stanley, Higglytown Heroes) It's sort of like a web version of Playhouse Disney Live.

hehehe

Reaction score
As Promised... A Review

Okay, I went on this morning to Preschool Time, and I have to say, it's a pretty ambitious site. After you enter your information, the fun starts even while the files are downloading (kids can practice their keyboard and mouse skills with Dennis the goldfish from Stanley)! Once everything is downloaded the site takes over the entire screen (a nice touch, that way, kids can't access any other sites) and Bear sings the theme song, Here in Preschool Time, and then does a quick talk about the theme (in this case, Braver Behavior) During the theme song, we see Ray and Luna in the sky above the backyard clubhouse. Unfortunately, that's about it for Bear, as the announcer lady and the other characters leading the games take over. Bear doesn't even say goodbye when you exit, which I was surprised by. It is still a fine site, and it is definitely worth a peek if you have preschoolers. You get it free for a week, how can you lose? :smile:

hehehe

Reaction score
Whoa...

Okay, I am bringing back a REALLY old post that I wrote a long time ago, because now, we have a 4-year-old boy in the house, so we just recently purchased a full subscription to Preschool Time, and I can tell you that my review was slightly innacurate, because the free trial status doesn't give you the full program. So, now that we own the whole thing, a full review:
As I mentioned before, it starts with the theme song, sung by Bear, which is original to this site. The theme song ends in front of the Preschool Time schoolhouse. Here's the gimmick, as far as I can figure: You're attending school with Bear as the teacher, and he gets teaching help from other Playhouse Disney characters. Allow me to explain:
--First, Bear greets you in front of the schoolhouse, and asks if you know what today is. He then reveals, via a calendar, a special "day" with an activity to do. For example: "Today is Take a Deep Breath Day! Take a deep breath in,(does so) hold it, and let it out.") We're then led inside the school. Once inside, we play the Letter and Number Hide and Seek to find the Letter and Number of the Day. :smile: Can you say Sesame Street? Pip and Pop and/or Tutter give us the letter and number.
--Now, Bear introduces the theme, as I said earlier, and talks about it a little, just like BITBBH. He then invites us to come play to learn more.
--This leads us to the activities. Each game (from another Playhouse Disney Sjow teaches us a little more about the theme, such as (from Braver Behavior) Sometimes the best way to face your fears is to take a breath and try simething new. Bear returns in between some of the games to talk about the theme some more. Thenm at the end, he says goodbye (not with the Goodbye Song, unfortunately) and we end up in the Backyard, our recess, as it were, just fun activities that have nothing to do with the theme. Ray or Luna(depending on the time of day) resides over the Backyard area.

It is a very good site, well worth the price. :wink: