Plane goes down in Hudson River

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know! It is amazing! I feel bad that those people had to get in the water. :stick_out_tongue: But at least they have their lives!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Let's take this moment to (for once) take an interest in good news, as opposed to bad. It's wonderful that everyone came out OK and that everyone involved pull together to help. :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Yeah I heard about this, I saw it Live on telly. Where we are it was live on the breakfast news, and it was really cool to see just how fast rescue got to the stranded passengers. It's a great thing everyone survived, and it was amazing to see the plane float in the Hudson river. The freakiest thing is that it was caused by a Flock of GEESE! From what I saw live on the news the pilot claimed that a goose flew into one engine and another goose the opposite engine, causing the engines to fail. How weird is that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The freakiest thing is that it was caused by a Flock of GEESE! From what I saw live on the news the pilot claimed that a goose flew into one engine and another goose the opposite engine, causing the engines to fail. How weird is that?
Apparently, they say it's a common problem they often face and try to guard against! I had never thought of that before, but it does make sense, heh. Well technology and nature are always involved in these difficulties, heh. I mean, we do need planes, they help deliver important things. But at the same time we don't want to unintentionally hurt things.