Pete's Dragon!

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I am seeing this Tomorrow at 11:00AM Has anyone seen It?
I got a $25.00 Fandango gift card from my Aunt for Christmas and I redeemed It the other day for I senior and one Adult Ticket for me and my dad! We got print at home Tickets, on the Ticket It says to just bring It up to the ticket taker and they will scan it, has any one done this at a Regal Cinema? I will let you guys Know what I think when I am done? My sister and her 8 year old son saw it over the weekend and loved It and my sister said It Is a tear Jerker right from the first scene...

C to the J

Reaction score
I saw it in 3D earlier this week because I wanted to give movies like this a chance. Seriously, we barely get enough family-oriented live-action films these days. I have a mind to turn down any film with any crude material. I hope audiences will realize how corrupted the majority of filmmakers have become and choose to watch anything that is well-written and enjoyable for any age.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope audiences will realize how corrupted the majority of filmmakers have become and choose to watch anything that is well-written and enjoyable for any age.
You mean like the original one they could be watching instead?

C to the J

Reaction score
You mean like the original one they could be watching instead?
What I meant was that I'm hoping audiences will see wholesome movies playing in theaters a little more. I just don't understand why most filmmakers think that anything with crass content will become an instant hit. If memory serves, cleaner movies are much more profitable. What I'm getting at is the new version of Pete's Dragon is the only recently released film I'd rather see because the other films released that same day are the opposite of clean. Just saying.

And to tell you the truth, I've yet to see the original Pete's Dragon in its entirety.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Just came back from seeing this. It was a really great movie and I enjoyed it very much.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I loved the movie for its simplicity, that was its strong suit! One thing I noticed, all the cars are from the 1980's and the tech as well phones, car stereos, no TV's that I could see but I am sure they would have been old fashioned Tube TV's and I really dug this aspect of the movie made it have an old school feel!

Drtooth

Reaction score
And to tell you the truth, I've yet to see the original Pete's Dragon in its entirety.

To be perfectly honest, I really don't wanna be a Geewunner type that gets offended by remakes like some people are (do I even need to mention the movie I'm referring to?), but... I mean, I can't even say Pete's Dragon is even anywhere near my favorite Disney movies, but....

Okay. Remember when the third unproduced and never to be produced Roger Rabbit movie concept was announced with a CGI Roger replacing the 2-D animated Toons? I'm not one to easily complain about CGI taking over the role of 2-D animation, but there was something magical about the original with the Roger Rabbit style cartoon Dragon. Not to mention it's yet another muddy, blue looking film to make it look "gritty" when it doesn't need to be. I hear it's not a bad film (unlike the Alice in Wonderland sequel), but I really can't support this film, myself. Especially when a much better, more magical family friendly adventure is up in a week, and it looks like it has thousands of times more love went into making it. Yes, I mean Kubo and the Two Strings. I just look at that animation and weep tears of joy and beauty. I don't blame a lot of families for skipping out on a meh looking thing like Pete's Dragon to see a more magical film.

It's magical enough to make Mathew McCougnehey play a not obnoxious character. That's true magic.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
but I really can't support this film, myself. Especially when a much better, more magical family friendly adventure is up in a week, and it looks like it has thousands of times more love went into making it. Yes, I mean Kubo and the Two Strings. I just look at that animation and weep tears of joy and beauty. I don't blame a lot of families for skipping out on a meh looking thing like Pete's Dragon to see a more magical film.

It's magical enough to make Mathew McCougnehey play a not obnoxious character. That's true magic.
Absolutely, Kubo deserves our money more than any sequel or reboot because if we don't support films like it we'll very rarely get any major original animated films. And maybe this year's incredibly weak summer box office is starting to show that audiences are getting tired of the same old thing.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I really don't wanna be a Geewunner type that gets offended by remakes like some people are (do I even need to mention the movie I'm referring to?), but... I mean, I can't even say Pete's Dragon is even anywhere near my favorite Disney movies, but....

Okay. Remember when the third unproduced and never to be produced Roger Rabbit movie concept was announced with a CGI Roger replacing the 2-D animated Toons? I'm not one to easily complain about CGI taking over the role of 2-D animation, but there was something magical about the original with the Roger Rabbit style cartoon Dragon. Not to mention it's yet another muddy, blue looking film to make it look "gritty" when it doesn't need to be. I hear it's not a bad film (unlike the Alice in Wonderland sequel), but I really can't support this film, myself. Especially when a much better, more magical family friendly adventure is up in a week, and it looks like it has thousands of times more love went into making it. Yes, I mean Kubo and the Two Strings. I just look at that animation and weep tears of joy and beauty. I don't blame a lot of families for skipping out on a meh looking thing like Pete's Dragon to see a more magical film.

if there are four Disney films I hate with a passion they have to be Marry Poppins, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Bed Knobs And Broom Sticks, and the Original Pete's Dragon. part of it were cartoons mixed with real people and bad British Actors that I don't care for personally. I also had to watch them over and over again because my sisters loved them:frown: so when I saw that 1. Pete's Dragons remake wasn't a bad British musical, 2.It looked like a real movie, a drama with some comedic moments instead of a bad cartoony looking thing. when I saw the trailers and saw these things I was like I am on board! I also think Bryce Dallas Howard is a cute actress and love her personality and what can I say Robert Redford is an Academy Award winning, and Nominated Actor hearing him talk about Magic and narrate was worth the price of admission as someone said on IMDB!!!