People Are Morons

EmmyMik

Reaction score
As some of y'all know, I live in Ohio. And right now, we're in the middle of a winter storm. Lots of snow, it's awesome. Anyway, it started Friday night, and yesterday. Yesterday a lot of places closed down due to the weather (the Air Force Museum closed at noon). Well today we got even more snow (this is great! I love it!). Well, sadly, I had to work. I was hoping that the Museum would be closed, but it wasn't. I got a call from my manager telling me that the museum was indeed open, and I couldn't park in the employee parking lot (it hasn't been plowed, and it was blocked by the snow). So my dad takes me in. As I walk in, there are a TON of boyscouts there. That's the thing about the Museum. It's where Boy Scouts, old people, and people with mullets go. The roads aren't plowed... at all, and we have these people at the museum 15 minutes before it opens. Please, get a life folks!

Did I mention that there's a "Level 3 Snow Emergency" out? Basically the road conditions are *really* bad, and it's illegal to drive unless it's an emergency.

So we have all of these Boy Scouts and old people, but they aren't buying anything from the gift shop (so all we do is listen to the radio and play card games, lol). Then at 11, out of the blue, they tell us that the museum is closed. So that's when people decide to buy things. Of course. And while they're doing that they ask, "Say, why are you guys closing?"

Is it just me, or are people just *that* stupid?

So after yelling at the stragglers (lol, I actually yelled at this one guy. He was browsing and wanted to know where our toy airplane models are. I said, "The Toy Section, but we're closed." It felt good), I was finally able to leave.

As I was leaving, I passed people who were getting out of their cars, and ready for a visit to the museum. Too bad we're closed. Sucks to the be them.

I have no real point to my story. I just want to rant about how stupid people are (when they tell you, "If you don't *need* to be out, don't go out." Then why in the name that is warm and fuzzy, why do people decide that it would be a great time to go to the museum?)...

:mad:

Kye

Reaction score
Just for future reference, If Snowy weather gets you this Irate and disgruntled, You might never want to consider a job as a postal worker. :smile:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Oh, it's not the snow. I love snow.

It's the idiots who feel that if they drive *really* fast, it will magically make the roads free of all snow and ice!

:smile:

anathema

Reaction score
Hear now the wise words of Plautus:

"The world is full of idiots, and probably always will be..."

;-)

FellowWLover

Reaction score
It is dumping snow here right now, but, say, you just gave me an idea!

Wonder if the local museums are open... :stick_out_tongue:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
It is dumping snow here right now, but, say, you just gave me an idea!

Wonder if the local museums are open... :stick_out_tongue:
LOL!

If not, *demand* why. Be sure to say you came all the way from Idaho or something like that...

:big_grin:

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Nah... think we will go sledding instead.

Must be too flat in Ohio for that, I guess.

Luke

Reaction score
Nah... think we will go sledding instead.
Watch out for Penguins ! :eek:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Must be too flat in Ohio for that, I guess.
Nah, we just have a lot of morons here...