Parody - When the budget really gets bad

DTF

Reaction score
I haven't seen it yet this year, and thugh a couple street scenes sound interesting I probably won't. Still, reading of still more reused stuff and cbudget cuts brought to mind this little parody idea:

Word on the street: Donation

Murray Monster opening: Murray walks on real street.

Murray: "Bring out your 20s! Bring out your 20s!"

Kid (to Murray): Hey, Murray. That's how you call out for the Letter of trhe Day. And it's not time for that yet. This is the opening. And...well, 20 is a number.

Murray: I'm not asking people to bring me the letter of the day. I'm asking for donations. Bring out your 20s!

(Opening)

Elmo: Hi, welcome to Sesame Street. Elmo is so happy to see you. And so is Dorothy.

Zoe: And so is Rocco.

Elmo: Zoe, what are you doing.

Zoe: Well, Elmo, you're introducing it like it's the start of Elmo's World. But, I'd like to do Zoe's world.

Elmo: But, Elmo's stuff sells more than Zoe's stuff. And, we need donations.

Oscar (from his trash can): I love a good argument. Hey, Zoe. Pet rocks went out with the 1970s.

Rosita (walking by with Abby): Oh, gracias Oscar. Here that, kids? You can collect rocks and sell them as retro pets. Retro means something old that people like again.

Oscar: Harrumph. Leave it to you guys to spoil a grouch's fun by finding a silver lining. (He goes down in his can again.)

Zoe: Well, Rocco is a very special rock.

Elmo: Zoe, what's special about a rock?

Rosita: Well, now, I don't know who to agree with. On the one hand, Zoe knows Rocco very well. He may be an unusual rock. Ont he other hand, Elmo has never seen it do anything more...(she pauses to think)

Abby: Wait, that's it. I'll use a spell and make it special so Elmo can see, just he knows his Dorothy. Hmmm. (Waves er wand) If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, we know what it is. Let Rocco become something special like Elmo knows his.

(A poof is heard, Rocco is replaced by a duck)

Duck: Aflac!

Zoe: Abby, what did you do?

(Duck keeps saying Aflac throughout the sketch, till he becomes Rocco again at the end)

Elmo: Wait, wait, Elmo knows. Sesame Street has turned to coroporate inserts. but, people can stop annoying stuff from taking up all the space if they give donations.

(Silly stuff till end of street scene)

Celebrity guest - Elmo and Elmo:

Elmo: Hi. I'm Elmo. And this is Elmo, too. Elmo is looking in a mirror.

Elmo 2: But, I'm just Elmo, not Elmo, too. That is, Elmo is Elmo, too, but not Elmo, with the number two.

Elmo: Right, because Elmo is Elmo, too. But, also not with the number two (He turns to Elmo 2) Is Elmo as confused as Elmo is?

(Big Bird walks in)

Big Bird: I was just listening to that and I'm confused.

Elmo: Oh, Big Bird. Elmo wanted to explain the word donation. And, Elmo thought with some cute and funny stuff like Abbott and Costello would do, Elmo could get donations.

Elmo 2: Actually, Elmo thought just standing here might get some.

Big Bird: Fine, but donations don't come because you sell something like toys. Donations are free.

Elmo: Really, Big Bird?

Big Bird: Sure. let me see your piggy bank. (Elmo shows, Big Bird puts in a quarter); There. I made a donation. (He turns to the audience): We've got a really big piggy bank that needs filled.

Elmo: With donations.

Murray: hey, everyone. Have you sent your donations in yet? Because if you don't, we may not be able to see the Letter of...

(Letter of the day from when Cookie Monster would eat the letters, with Praire Dawn trying to stop him)

Murray: Hey, people kept saying they wanted something new. Well, the attention span of Americans is so short now, 4-5 years old is new. Anyway, it's time for the 153rd consecutive showing of the same Abby's Flying Fairy School. Man, give us some donations, will you. At least in Groundhog Day, different things happened!

(Afterward)

Murray: it's time for the number of the day. 20...

Count: Wait a minute, the number of the day is not 20. It is 17. We are going to show the mural for the 2,423rd time.

Murray: But, Count, we need $20 bills. There are no $17 bills.

Count: But, how can I count up to 20? I am contractually obligated to count only to the number of the day in this sequence.

Murray: It's simple. Play your organ up to 20, and then we just say that one of those numbers was the number of the day. that way, this bit can be used over and over, and we don't even had to have 26 of them.

Count: But, they will not know which is the right one.

Murray: Hmmmm, you're right. That's a predicament. Hmmm, I can't think of anything.

Count: Me, neither. We need some good writers.

Murray: And the only way we can hire any is...(Both): Donations.

(After Elmo's World)

Murray: Hey, we knew we could find a good way to get you to watch Elmo's World. It's the only part that didn't have us begging for donations.

Elmo: Sesame Street still needs them, though. That's why Elmo was in every single scene, on the lower right hand corner.

(rewind to leter and number of the day)

Too little and in script form so won't go up on ff.net, but you can see my other stuff there: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/5456/Me

And, let's hope it doesn't get that bad!:smile:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL! I died laughing, especially at the Groundhog Day part. I agree that poor Sesame Street is a ghost town, LOL. I think Earl Sinclair hides out in some MMORPG ... let's make a Sesame Street one! You can make your own scenes/inserts! Make your own episodes! Have special comical animations whenever a player wants to kill another player (since I imagine half the vids would be of trying to kill Elmo), kinda like how Big Bird can never be assaulted, even by Miss Piggy. :smile: That Grover vid on Youtube is hilarious ... maybe Sesame Street can have a better life online. Screw public television.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Congrats - this is one of the funniest things i've ever read on MC!