One of my best friends is dead!

cherrypotion27

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I could really use some support right now. Either during the night or the wee hours of this morning, Diane, one of my housemates and also one of my best friends, passed away in her sleep. With our other housemate Adrian away visiting family, I was the only other person in the house besides Diane, and was the one who found the body. I'm in shock and feeling heart-broken right now, and both my heart and stomach feel like they are in my throat. Diane was a warm, caring, wonderful woman, and it hurts like heck to know one of my two best friends is gone! I can't stop crying, or asking "Why? Why Diane?" Any advice for someone grieving the loss of a friend? I could really use some advice right now :cry: :cry: :cry:

SSLFan

Reaction score
That is so sad...

Hi everyone. I could really use some support right now. Either during the night or the wee hours of this morning, Diane, one of my housemates and also one of my best friends, passed away in her sleep. With our other housemate Adrian away visiting family, I was the only other person in the house besides Diane, and was the one who found the body. I'm in shock and feeling heart-broken right now, and both my heart and stomach feel like they are in my throat. Diane was a warm, caring, wonderful woman, and it hurts like heck to know one of my two best friends is gone! I can't stop crying, or asking "Why? Why Diane?" Any advice for someone grieving the loss of a friend? I could really use some advice right now :cry: :cry: :cry:
Okay, this is a very touchy subject for me and i'm not usually good with giving advice, but:don't worry and don't freak out (which is what I am doing right now). I don't know what it is like to lose a best friend (and hope I never have to), but I feel for ya. The best thing I can say is your friend is in a better place and just remember all the good times you had with her. Death is a very sad thing and we must except that it is part of life. Hope thay sort of helps; your in my prayers.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm very sorry about your loss, and the way you found out, just awful. It is definitely normal to cry, death feels so final and cruel. I don't know what you believe or anything, but I do try to remember that the person hasn't gone away for good and is still watching over you. For us, death usually seems like an unfair and horrible end. But we honestly don't know what happens afterward.

But whatever you happen to believe, the main thing is to remember the good times you had together, and know that at least for awhile, your friend made a difference in the world, like she was supposed to. It also helps to be around people you trust for support. My prayers are with you. :smile:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh my gosh... I'm so, so sorry to hear this! You have my (((((HUGS))))) and my thoughts.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh gee, that sure is rough! I'm so sorry to hear that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Patricia. Sorry to hear that you lost someone so close to you... Don't know if you can take comfort in this, but she at least touched your life in a very positive way for you to be moved so at her passing. Big hugs and hope you're OK.
*Leaves a heart-shaped cookie for Patricia.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I'm still freaked out over this. :eek: How old was she anyway?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I'm deeply sorry to hear about this Patricia:sympathy:
I take it this passing away was completely unexpected and must be a terrible shock to you and your other friend as well.

If you are feeling really down I recommend seeking out a professional counsellor to talk to.
I hope you are feeling better and my heart goes out to you.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about this. I'm praying for you and while it may not sound comforting right now, time heals. Let yourself grieve for as long as you need to, there is no shame in doing so. (((HUGS)))