Official: "The Muppets Mayhem" Disney+ series premieres Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm very excited about this and who knows it may even lead to a Electric Mayhem LP so many of us have been wanting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sorry for double posting, but I mentioned this in another thread and thought I would post it here as well.
Since this is going to involve the band this would be a wonderful opportunity for the Muppets to work with musical stars they haven't had the opportunity to work with before. One in particular would be Weird Al. Can anyone else think of some they would like to see.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Sorry for Triple posting.
For those that may have missed the latest Barretta Brothers Vlog today we learned a few things regarding the new show.

1. They start shooting in a few weeks.
2. They are writing and shooting this like a movie, but splitting it up into 10 episodes.
3. The ultimate goal of this is to have the band release an actual album. With new songs, covers,and some of their hits.
4. Lots of musicians have reached out to be a part of this.
5. The main focus will be the band,but it will have other Muppets as well.
6. Whit the writing of the script one group they made sure signed off where the Muppet Preformers. If they did not approve of anything the writers where very willing and open to start completely over to make the Preformers happy.
7. Next to Bill the other two writers are real die hard Muppet fans , and they truly want to make the best Muppet project they possibly can.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I forgot about this and didn’t get to watch it live (I had a few questions, though it looks like those were answered after all).

People on the Toughpigs forum were hoping each episode would be more an excuse for the band to perform, with minimal linking plot. Looks like it’s not going to be that.

I figured other Muppet characters would appear, though I don’t know what extent it will be, like if many others are just as major as the band (like bringing Scooter back to his role as road manager, or maybe having Pepe manage the band…. Perhaps Fozzie could go on the road as their opening act). I feel it would be better if the presence of other Muppets was more like honorary guest appearances, like how the adults were used on Fuller House (though I have only seen the first season), or maybe similar to how Muppets other than Elmo appear in the old Elmo’s World (at least two cameos by other characters per episode).

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I forgot about this and didn’t get to watch it live (I had a few questions, though it looks like those were answered after all).

People on the Toughpigs forum were hoping each episode would be more an excuse for the band to perform, with minimal linking plot. Looks like it’s not going to be that.

I figured other Muppet characters would appear, though I don’t know what extent it will be, like if many others are just as major as the band (like bringing Scooter back to his role as road manager, or maybe having Pepe manage the band…. Perhaps Fozzie could go on the road as their opening act). I feel it would be better if the presence of other Muppets was more like honorary guest appearances, like how the adults were used on Fuller House (though I have only seen the first season), or maybe similar to how Muppets other than Elmo appear in the old Elmo’s World (at least two cameos by other characters per episode).
I agree with you on the other Muppets appearances I think the general idea of the show has a lot of potential for other characters and not just the band.
This is going to be a strong story,and I think that each member of the band has a tremendous amount of room for character development. Even in the Muppets hayday the band really didn't have a lot of development. Just a song or two and a few wise cracks from Floyd.
One other aspect I'm interested to see is any romantic relationships. The most "stable" couple of the Muppets where Floyd and Janice, until the 2015 show. So I'm wondering what if anything we will see of that. I also wonder if they are going to keep Sam crushing over Janice in a non creepy stalker way.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now I wonder if it’d be good if the main Muppets outside of the Electric Mayhem were kind of treated like TMS guest stars by each only appearing in one episode (and perhaps having them all appear in the season finale).

though if it is documentary style, I guess that format would lend itself well to having other Muppets talking about the band, without actually being regular parts of the tour.

I just thought of a format that would be great for this, but probably won’t happen: have The Electric Mayhem appear as an opening act for many bigger musical acts (in terms of those who actually tour and put out albums). They could primarily focus on their opening act side while working in some appearances by who they open for and perhaps show a little of that artist performing. And it’d be like The Muppet Show/MuppeTelevision/Muppets Tonight by having one major guest per episode (I know, Muppets Tonight regularly had cameos and subplots with additional celebrities).

I kind of would like them to reference the York Weird Al Yankovic was the opening act for Missing Persons, where the crowd booed and threw whatever was on them at Yankovic. It’d be a plus if they could get him to be a guest in that show (are the Missing Persons artists still alive or performing?).

rexcrk

Reaction score
I’m very very excited for this! It sounds like it’s gonna be a blast and it’s awesome to see the band get the spotlight.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This legitimately looks like an April Fools joke but I'll keep an open mind. It's hard to get excited because Muppets Now was super boring and Muppets Haunted Mansion was just mediocre but maybe third time is the charm in regards to Disney+ muppet productions.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This legitimately looks like an April Fools joke but I'll keep an open mind. It's hard to get excited because Muppets Now was super boring and Muppets Haunted Mansion was just mediocre but maybe third time is the charm in regards to Disney+ muppet productions.
It takes time, they want to make things that please everyone but it's an impossible task. Making a project that appeals to families is an extremely challenging thing to do.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
It's finally official. Get ready for the first-ever Electric Mayhem series. Hopefully, we get the first-ever Electric Mayhem album release as well.
Sounds like an April Fool's joke to me, but then again, this post was from early March. I guess I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open.

Status
Not open for further replies.