Official: "The Muppets Mayhem" Disney+ series premieres Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Reaction score
I’m open to this idea of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem having their own project. As much as I’m amused by Animal’s personality, I say it’s high time Muppet fans and merchandisers got to know even more than just the drummer.

There is one thing that’s been on my mind as of late. Has anyone ever noticed the plural for Muppet is being used for more recent projects? “A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa.” “Muppets Haunted Mansion.” “The Muppets Mayhem.” I’m just saying the plural form is fine if it’s applied to titles like “The Muppets Take Manhattan,” “Muppets Tonight,” “Muppets From Space,” “Muppets Most Wanted,” and “Muppets Now.”

But in cases where singular might be better? We might as well call the past projects, “The Muppets Show,” “The Muppets Movie,” “The Great Muppets Caper,” “A Muppets Family Christmas,” “The Muppets Christmas Carol,” “Muppets Treasure Island.” Know what I’m saying?

There is the possessive form to consider, like “The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz.”

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There is one thing that’s been on my mind as of late. Has anyone ever noticed the plural for Muppet is being used for more recent projects? “A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa.” “Muppets Haunted Mansion.” “The Muppets Mayhem.” I’m just saying the plural form is fine if it’s applied titles like “The Muppets Take Manhattan,” “Muppets Tonight,” “Muppets From Space,” “Muppets Most Wanted,” and “Muppets Now.”
Yeah, it's dumb in many of those cases.

It should really be "Muppet Mayhem." THE MuppetS Mayhem sounds stupid.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So, does The Muppet Movie or Muppet Show imply there aren't a lot of Muppets involved?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Title wise it could go either or for me.

All I really care about is how the series will play out.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, does The Muppet Movie or Muppet Show imply there aren't a lot of Muppets involved?
I thought he said the title implies many of the Muppets being involved, not that there aren't a lot involved (when right now, it looks like it's primarily the Electric Mayhem).

C to the J

Reaction score
What I’m trying to get at is there are times when a singular form works (Muppet Babies, Muppet Sing Alongs, Muppet Thought of the Week) and when a plural form works (The Muppets at Walt Disney World, Muppets Now). Singular or plural, we know these projects will include the Muppets. And like I said before, there can be an instance of a possessive form (The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz).

anytimepally

Reaction score
Hopefully Johnny will get to sit in with the band for a song or two :skeptical:. Was nice seeing him and Sal in the Muppets Haunted Mansion special. A song (or a few) with Rowlf would be awesome too! :sympathy:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
So excited for that. I guess the Muppets are coming back on top from time to time, thanks to Muppets Haunted Mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.