Official: Elmo’s Staying Up Late Show coming to HBO Max on May 27, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I dunno, I guess I'm used to a wider variety of characters being trotted out for stuff. And as they say, too much of a good thing yadda yadda yadda.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Maybe Grover should work every job.

While Cookie Monster is the co-host, maybe they'll work in appearances by all the main characters at some point, similar to cameos from other characters on Elmo's World. Maybe they can have Don Music and Hoots the Owl provide a house band, it also seems like the right place for Guy Smiley.

Maybe they can even arrange for Kermit to be a special guest star.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Yeah, it honestly feels like a huge waste to not use the dozens of characters at their disposal. Heck, even Grover feels a tad underused lately

BertFan

Reaction score
maybe they'll work in appearances by all the main characters at some point, similar to cameos from other characters on Elmo's World. Maybe they can have Don Music and Hoots the Owl provide a house band, it also seems like the right place for Guy Smiley.
Maybe after they have all the main characters appear, they will have an episode where, all the main characters appear in one episode (ala The Street we live on).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, it honestly feels like a huge waste to not use the dozens of characters at their disposal. Heck, even Grover feels a tad underused lately
Who knows if the core performers will all be available or if it's just Ryan Dillion and David Rudman (and maybe some performers who don't really have their own characters yet).

With that in mind, at the very least, they should put in cameos for Lefty the Salesman, Don Music, Baby Bear, and Sonny Friendly. And some Honkers and Martians.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I have serious doubts about Sesame Workshop using Sonny Friendly again, besides now that Guy Smiley is basically the frequent game show host besides parodies. Why do we need another one.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have serious doubts about Sesame Workshop using Sonny Friendly again, besides now that Guy Smiley is basically the frequent game show host besides parodies. Why do we need another one.
Why did we need Sonny Friendly in the first place? Obviously, so they can have game show episodes/street scenes while Jim Henson was often too busy to do street scenes. We don't know if Eric Jacobson will be available for the show to do the show (and even if he is, we don't know if they'd use Guy Smiley), while David Rudman obviously would be (since Cookie Monster would be there).

Who knows how soon it will be before we know how available the core performers and their characters will be? Obviously, Cookie Monster will have a big role. Maybe we'll get as much as the other main characters as we did in Elmopalooza, maybe they'll primarily be reduced to cameos like on Elmo's World, maybe Dillion and Rudman will be the only performers with main Sesame Street Muppet characters on the show (or maybe they will be the only Muppet performers on the show).

Giving the talk show format, wouldn't it be cool if they'd get Kermit the Frog to be a special guest?

EDIT TO ADD: I mainly mentioned Sonny Friendly as I was thinking of David Rudman's Sesame Street characters, and many of them I couldn't see appearing. It's been said somewhere that the Humphrey puppet is wearing out (and primarily only used for performer workshops now), I couldn't see The Two-Headed Monster there without Eric Jacobson being available (and, as I said, we don't know whether he will be), I couldn't see Davey Monkey without Joey Monkey (and don't see Joey being recast), maybe they'll have Sully show up, but most of Rudman's other characters I can think of are not Anything Muppets, so unless those puppets are in good shape for performing (or unless Sesame Workshop actually wants to rebuild characters like Chicago or Flo Bear), there's not a lot of Rudman characters I can think of to show up.

Last edited:

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
With right now how it’s only Cookie Monster and Elmo, I hope to see more characters as staff.
I agree! I would love it if Two Headed Monster is the cameraman like in Elmopalooza. It would be awesome to see Hoots be the be the roots to Elmo's Jimmy Fallon. I could also see Telly and Grover being the reporters on the street interacting with people. They would be a great dynamic.

Status
Not open for further replies.