Official: “Muppets Now”, an unscripted series coming to Disney+ on July 31, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
but usually when you get a logo you get a trailer soon after...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The Mindset informed me that the logo came from an official Disney video that was taken down quickly after; apparently not meant to be seen yet. There's some rumors that the shorts are dropping sometime between August-October, I believe. So if we're gonna get a trailer or something, it probably won't be until late summer/early fall.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
The Mindset informed me that the logo came from an official Disney video that was taken down quickly after; apparently not meant to be seen yet. There's some rumors that the shorts are dropping sometime between August-October, I believe. So if we're gonna get a trailer or something, it probably won't be until late summer/early fall.
there not shorts shorts are the things released on YouTube these days for the Muppets. I believe we are getting a full length episodes of shows may be 45 minutes to an hour its going to be improve.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Okay, they might not be "shorts," but they are "short-form." Kirk Thatcher confirmed there's about 18 of 'em running around 10 minutes each.
A short-form series not unlike "Sam and Friends". Muppets Now will hopefully be the things that'll truly get the Muppets back to popularity and prominence.

(And the fact that Steve Whitmire, Debbie McClellan and Kyle Laughlin are no longer around to hold them back makes things even better!)

Oscarfan

Reaction score
A short-form series not unlike "Sam and Friends". Muppets Now will hopefully be the things that'll truly get the Muppets back to popularity and prominence.

(And the fact that Steve Whitmire, Debbie McClellan and Kyle Laughlin are no longer around to hold them back makes things even better!)
I mean, it'll no doubt be amusing, but it's a short-form series on a streaming service. People will no doubt see it, but I doubt it's going to be the project that brings the Muppets back to prominence. If the two theatrical movies didn't do it, these certainly won't.

And enough with the Steve bashing. Nobody is on your side. And now throwing shade Debbie and Kyle? I don't understand why you're willing to the die on the hill of "Disney can do no wrong."

Last edited:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I mean, it'll no doubt be amusing, but it's a short-form series on a streaming service. People will no doubt see it, but I doubt it's going to be the project that brings the Muppets back to prominence. If the two theatrical movies didn't do it, these certainly won't.
Drop the pessimism. Let's hope that you all will end up eating your words when "Muppets Now" premieres.

And just stop with the Steve bashing. Nobody is on your side. And now throwing shade Debbie and Kyle? I don't understand why you're willing to the die on the hill of "Disney can do no wrong."
You're wrong. Lots of people are on my side!

I am not saying that Disney can do no wrong and I have no intention of dying on that hill. I am just standing up for the real truth and the things that the Henson family, Fleecethroat, Rick Lyon and many others have said against Steve, Debbie and Kyle all make way too much sense to me and only further reaffirms what I've come to see and that it's that Steve, Debbie and Kyle were holding the Muppets back,

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dear God, you could make a drinking game out of (bleep) Duke says on this forum. Taking a shot every time he says "You're wrong, I'm right," or "Disney does know what they're doing with the Muppets" will result in alcohol poisoning and lead to death.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I am not saying that Disney can do no wrong and I have no intention of dying on that hill. I am just standing up for the real truth and the things that the Henson family, Fleecethroat, Rick Lyon and many others have said against Steve, Debbie and Kyle all make way too much sense to me and only further reaffirms what I've come to see and that it's that Steve, Debbie and Kyle were holding the Muppets back,
I doubt you even thought negatively about any of them until they parted ways with Disney.

We wouldn't gotten half the things we did if it weren't for Debbie or Kyle, and Steve was an instrumental part of many things, including those YouTube videos everyone loves. I have not seen any negative anythings regarding Debbie or Kyle, so I don't know where you're getting these ideas from other than "If Disney doesn't want them around, then they are 100% bad for the Muppets." All those people you cited said something about Steve only.

Last edited:

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I doubt you even thought negatively about any of them until they parted ways with Disney.

We wouldn't gotten half the things we did if it weren't for Debbie or Kyle, and Steve was an instrumental part of many things, including those YouTube videos everyone loves. I have not seen any negative anythings regarding Debbie or Kyle, so I don't know where you're getting these ideas from other than "If Disney doesn't want them around, then they are 100% bad for the Muppets." All those people you cited said something about Steve only.
Fleecethroat said that Debbie and Kyle were just as bad as Steve when I communicated with him in private messages when his Twitter account was around, going so far as to compare Steve and Debbie to Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine respectively.

I think the only reason Fleecethroat didn't publicly diss Debbie and Kyle was because, unlike Steve, they were still with the company at the time and probably felt it would've been unprofessional to diss people like them publicly while they were still with the company. (At least whoever Fleecethroat was cared more about being professional than Steve did.)

Plus Steve was not instrumental in such things--it's just another case of him taking credit for everything a la Bob Clampett.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.