Official: “Muppets Now”, an unscripted series coming to Disney+ on July 31, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, Disney already jumped on the 2000s-nostalgia train with their That's So Raven continuation series, and that recent Kim Possible movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Either way, this is usually how nostalgia works: twenty years later, one decade is nostalgic for the decade that came twenty years before. 60s nostalgia was really big in the 80s with such things as those Richard Simmons SWEATIN' TO THE OLDIES videos, among others.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably the laziest news article about MN so far:

Was somebody in a hurry and in a bad mood today?

mr3urious

Reaction score
Muppets Now seems promising with its short-form format. Kinda disappointed that they're not continuing where the muppets. left us hanging, but I can see why Disney would do something low-risk like this. Either way, it's great that Disney's doing something new with the Muppet characters. :smile:

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
I know Muppets Now is not much and yes, it's sucks that Disney cancelled a new show for The Muppets for now, but, just give Disney some time. And maybe one day, Disney will give the Muppets their new tv show and maybe a new movie, even though it's only going to be on Disney+.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
The Muppets kind of missed the nostalgia boat. Right now 90s nostalgia is in. They werent in their prime then. 80s nostalgia was around its peak when "The Muppets" (2011) came out. 70s nostalgia was big in the early 2000's.
depends on your age I am 38 years old I grew up in the 80's and 90's for people like me in the Generation X generation who experienced the 80's we still love 80's nostalgia heck look at the 80's nostalgia in Stranger Things people love the heck out of that show! The Only people who love 90's nostalgia really are kids my nephews age he was born in 2008 and kids my Niece's age she was born in 2001 last year of High School my nephew just started middle School. when I was in High School in the 90's 70's nostalgia was big with my generation we all thought we were modern day Hippies!

MUPPETFAN1976

Reaction score
I am extremely excited about “Muppets Now”!
I am also really curious about this being unscripted, but also excited about that as well. I am really looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.