Northern Calloway

fishbone

Reaction score
this "?" is for all you "sesame heads".how did northern calloway (david)die?&what ever happened to gordon #2 hal miller?

Joggy

Reaction score
I've read things about cancer or a depression, but I'm still not sure... someone else should know...

Too bad he is gone - he's one of my SS favorites. I just got that SS scene where he does the voice of a Hippie Muppet "imagining shapes" with a dull Muppet (Frank Oz). That one is so funny! "Well, I know WHO a square is!" (arrow to dull guy)

fishbone

Reaction score
david rocks

i want to know how luis took maria from david?remember when they used to date?.yo, i wonder if theydid a special show show when he died,like w/ mister looper...hooper, it's hooper(sorry ,that was dumb

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
:frown:

Stomach cancer in early 1990.
Too bad...David was such a great character

- Billy :cool:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Joggy

Glad you were able to get that scene - it happens to be one of my top five faves of all time!

Ol' Buddy Bert

Reaction score
I posted the same question a few years ago and there's not too much information about Mr. Calloway. Which is unfortunate given that he was such an important member of the cast for so long.

I love listening to him sing "My Name" on the Sesame Street Live album from the 70's.

I also love the aforementioned sketch of him drawing shapes with Frank's Square character. One of my favourites as well.

Scott

dbarrie

Reaction score
David was a cool character. His SS recordings were fun to listen to as well. One of the best can be found on the original SS Christmas record. I also remember the "My Name" song and a jazzy little ditty about "Wet Paint."

BlueAM

Reaction score
Joggy said:
I've read things about cancer or a depression, but I'm still not sure... someone else should know...

Too bad he is gone - he's one of my SS favorites. I just got that SS scene where he does the voice of a Hippie Muppet "imagining shapes" with a dull Muppet (Frank Oz). That one is so funny! "Well, I know WHO a square is!" (arrow to dull guy)
Joggy, I wanna know:

Can you give me full descriptions of what the hipster and dullard in that skit looked like? Be sure to tell me what AMs they were, nose color and shapes, how you would describe their eyes, hair color, and clothes.

Thanks for your help, Joggy!

BlueAM

ssetta

Reaction score
"Wet Paint" was not Northern Calloway, that was Christopher Cerf. And that singer's name was How Now Brown. The group was called How Now Brown and The Moo Wave.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Oops! It sure sounded like David on that recording, though! And about that Christmas recording, I was able to download it on a file-sharing site! It was a cool beat-poem/rap called "The Night Before Christmas on Sesame Street."

ssetta said:
"Wet Paint" was not Northern Calloway, that was Christopher Cerf. And that singer's name was How Now Brown. The group was called How Now Brown and The Moo Wave.