Nightlife is a Rockin' Tune!

Hubert

Reaction score
*ahem* Is it bad that I immediately jumped for joy and ran around the room for the sheer sake that this thread title screamed Bo for some reason?

But anyway, "Night Life," yeah, for some reason it's the one Muppet song that I can't for the life of me, get stuck in my head. Though when I do actually hear it, I love it a lot.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Always happy to encourage healthy jogging habits.

It almost never gets stuck in my head. Its not really got a very predictable tune (which is why I think of it as being particularly Jazz-ish) and has a very unique sound. But it often happens that if I see the word, "Gimme" it is completed in my brain with "my Nightlife" and then the song is stuck until I watch it.

But today it has a little bit more of a story which is that I saw this story over at TP, "Swedish Chef Gervs Nerdest Gersberms" and started singing, "Gerv mer meuy nertlerf" in my head...THEN I had to go find it, then I felt to need to post it.

The other Electric Mayhem song that I sometimes get stuck is Can You Picture That (which I think I've posted in a similar thread before), but that's usually caused by "Now the Eiffel Tower's holding up a flower" being the catchy line in my mind all day.

Hubert

Reaction score
Now this thread is making me sing this awesome song. Though somewhere halfway through it went from "Night Life" to a mixture of that song and "We Built this City."

"Gimme my city.
Gimme my city on my night life
Don't you remember
I swore this is my city on my night life!"

Yeah...

Beauregard

Reaction score
"Gimme my good friends,
And play me my music,
Kneedeep in the hoopla,
Yeah gimme my city life."

This needs to happen. Who has a remix program?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I get You Can't Take No For Answer stuck in my head a lot, probably because they repeat the title several titles. The more repetitive a song is the easier I find it gets stuck in my head.

But back on topic, this is a cool song. Hopefully the Mayhem can return with a song of their own in the next movie. :big_grin:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Just saying.

Some days I just wake up with an old Muppet tune stuck in my head and have to listen to it and share it.
Oh Beauguard, this song is coming back to me. Oh my gosh!

Those original muppeteers (you know, Jerry Jim, Richard, Frank, Dave, etc.) had a great time and Jim (boy oh boy) sure had a wonderful time too. He knows how to sing. Thank you pal!