Next Muppet Movie

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
This info isn't new, and it was last updated Oct 2005 but I thought I would post it in case no one here has seen it or mentioned it before.

created: Feb 27 2001 5:30PM. record last updated: Oct 18 2005 7:07PM
THE NEXT MUPPET MOVIE
Feature Film In Development
Producers; Brian Henson; Lisa Henson
Writer: Brian Lynch (Spec)
SUMMARY
Logline: An evil talent agent tries to convince the Muppets to break up and start their own shows. Kermit must hold the team together.
Project AKA: Muppet Movie Sequel, Muppets Movie Sequel
Project Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Family, Sequel
Project Keywords: children's, hollywood, puppet
Synopsis: Kermit the Frog must save his Muppet revue from an evil Hollywood agent after Gonzo and others are lured away to Tinseltown.

created: Oct 21 2005 8:17PM. record last updated: Oct 21 2005 8:17PM
UNTITLED MUPPETS PROJECT
SUMMARY
Project Genres: Children, Comedy, Musical
Synopsis: A mock rockumentary featuring the Muppets.

Marky

Reaction score
OverUnderAround said:
This info isn't new, and it was last updated Oct 2005 but I thought I would post it in case no one here has seen it or mentioned it before.

created: Feb 27 2001 5:30PM. record last updated: Oct 18 2005 7:07PM
THE NEXT MUPPET MOVIE
Producers; Brian Henson; Lisa Henson
Writer: Brian Lynch (Spec)
SUMMARY
Logline: An evil talent agent tries to convince the Muppets to break up and start their own shows. Kermit must hold the team together.
Project AKA: Muppet Movie Sequel, Muppets Movie Sequel
Project Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Family, Sequel
Project Keywords: children's, hollywood, puppet
Synopsis: Kermit the Frog must save his Muppet revue from an evil Hollywood agent after Gonzo and others are lured away to Tinseltown.

created: Oct 21 2005 8:17PM. record last updated: Oct 21 2005 8:17PM
UNTITLED MUPPETS PROJECT
SUMMARY
Project Genres: Children, Comedy, Musical
Synopsis: A mock rockumentary featuring the Muppets.
Interesting. Last year, huh? That sounds like one of the projects mentioned in Toronto at the agency auditions.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It's probably a lame duck now, at least for the time being. I'm not saying I'd be against this, but it sounds too similar to IAVMMC in just simple concept form. More like it would make a good television episode for a Muppet Show then a whole movie.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah this idea has been around for years and years. It does kinda seem the most appropriate for a Muppet movie right now though if they are trying to get the whole classic feel back.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It would be interesting, and yes very appropriate. Just have to wait and see if anything happens.

King Prawn

Reaction score
The last thing I want to do after reading this news is complain but when I first heard of this movie a few years ago (right here at MC) I thought it sounded a little too similar to The Muppets Take Manhattan and now that they've made It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie it seems even less of an original idea, though this film was proably written first and it has been going round for years so it must be good, I just don't know why they've never used it before. I think I remember having read somewhere a while ago that this film had a very fun Ninja fighting scene.

Something thats also been heard of a few times is "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" I don't know how this idea can be played out as a movie but i'd love to know more about it.

Well at least that's something, lets hope we get something good from the Muppets soon. :smile: :mad: :embarrassed:

Luke

Reaction score
Muppets Haunted House was also a movie in the works, written originally i think by Greg The Bunny's creator. Seems very Disney'ish but they'd probably water it down. Maybe good as a TV seasonal special.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Doubt these'll happen...maybe the rockumentary

Can you see

"This is Electric Mayhem"

Marky

Reaction score
travellingpat said:
Doubt these'll happen...maybe the rockumentary

Can you see

"This is Electric Mayhem"
Ew! You got the creepy Mr. Friendly form LOST icon thing happening.
Yikes!

King Prawn

Reaction score
Luke said:
Muppets Haunted House was also a movie in the works, written originally i think by Greg The Bunny's creator. Seems very Disney'ish but they'd probably water it down. Maybe good as a TV seasonal special.
Yes that was another idea I liked. The Muppet family is full of Monsters if done well that one could work. There was also the time travelling one
though that one didn't impress me much.