New York Muppet/Sesame Auditions!!!

AAO

Reaction score
I went to the Muppet auditions in New York...

AAO

Reaction score
Well, I went to New York this past week to audition for The Muppets!When I arrived at Ripley Grier Studios on the 16th floor, I had the chance to meet Kevin Clash. I auditioned in a group of 10 at first, then I was in the final four of that group and ended up being the last one in that entire group! Kevin Clash told me that he liked what he saw in me and enjoyed my work. We used ping-pong ball eyes on our hands. We lip-synched with our hands to the song: "Candy Man". I had never heard the song. We did it once, I memorized it and then the second time around everyone said I made the character look more alive than anyone else. Then we worked with monitors and I was able to do really well with that! Kevin asked for me to stay, and I said I would! Then we did the voices for the characters. I did Kermit, Fozzie, Waldorf, then I was asked to do Ernie and Bert. I didn't get a call back, although they were about to give me one, but Kevin told them that he wanted to talk to me about "the show" as he put it! Later, when my mother saw that I didn't have a call back card she was worried. But I told her that Kevin Clash wanted to talk to me about "the show". During my voice audition Jane Henson, Jim Henson's wife, was there! While I was waiting to speak with Kevin Clash, she was leaving. She came in the room where we were waiting and came up to me! She told me bye and such. I took a picture with her and she said to me, "Well, you're not 13 anymore!" I was confused. After she had left, I realized, I had put the letter that I wrote to the Henson company in my file. She had remembered me! Later, Kevin Clash talked to me. I thought it was to just tell me how to improve myself. Instead, he wants me to come back in November for Sesame Street!!!! I'm excited and psyched! So, what I'm thinking is that maybe where Steve Whitmire will be busy with Kermit's 50th Anniversary deal, someone will have to be at Sesame Street for Ernie! Again, the same with Eric Jacobson's characters! So...let's hope! Oh and I'd like to tell goshposh who is a Muppet Central member congrates for he did get a call back for "the muppets". Who knows, maybe if I'm on Sesame Stret and he's with the muppets...they might meet again!

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh, man! If I was in NY I so would have been there too. Glad for ya and envious, but happy for you more than anything. I am glad your audition went well. Hopefully you will get the job.

goshposh

Reaction score
thanks for the congrats aao! guess what i got to be ernie! i got to use the real puppet and everything. it was weird to look into the monitor and know that i was underneath ernie. it was a lot of fun though. unfortantly i wasnt picked to be an understudy but good luck to those who are being considered. i cant wait for november (thats when the ss workshop is)!

BEAR

Reaction score
Oh man! I wish that Sesame Street was holding auditions in LA too. I might have a chance. Oh well.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
goshposh said:
I didn't get a call back, although they were about to give me one, but Kevin told them that he wanted to talk to me about "the show" as he put it! Later, when my mother saw that I didn't have a call back card she was worried... {Snip}

unfortantly i wasnt picked to be an understudy but good luck to those who are being considered. i cant wait for november (thats when the ss workshop is)!
I know you are excited and good luck to you, but explain this... you went Sept. 8th and you didn't get a 'callback' for Sept. 9th, yet they want to see you for a Sesame workshop? The Sesame folk were there at the audition weren't they? You would think the Sesame people would have wanted to see you on Sept. 9th as well to evaluate you further. That's odd.

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Oh man! I wish that Sesame Street was holding auditions in LA too. I might have a chance. Oh well.
Call Todd and ask! You never know.

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
wow, that seems like it came out of a dream its so perfect! Im SOOOO happy for you! I wish you the best of luck! :excited:

MGov

Reaction score
Congratulations!! Well done!!

I'm getting old. When I saw that you didn't know the song "The Candy Man", I thought, gee, that's unusual. But then I saw that you are 18.

As for not getting called back for the second day, I've been on both sides of the audition table and, like Kevin Clash said, he saw what he needed to see. There was no reason to waste time with a callback if they liked what they saw.

Again, good job!!