New Sesame Street Special Pops Out of Nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I never thought I'D be the one to report breaking news to this forum, but apparently next Tuesday, this is gonna happen:
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Elmo's_Playdate

Apparently SST is making a special where Elmo, his friends, and some celebrity guests for some reason have a videochat playdate due to the coronavirus.

I don't know what the weirdest part of this is. The fact it literally came out of nowhere less than a week before it airs, the fact it's airing on all WarnerMedia channels, or that apparently Lin-Manuel Miranda exists in the SST universe, while there's also a real estate agent that looks and sounds exactly like him in the same universe.

Either way, expect a special CoolGuy Reviews on the 15th.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I never thought I'D be the one to report breaking news to this forum, but apparently next Tuesday, this is gonna happen:
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Elmo's_Playdate

Apparently SST is making a special where Elmo, his friends, and some celebrity guests for some reason have a videochat playdate due to the coronavirus.

I don't know what the weirdest part of this is. The fact it literally came out of nowhere less than a week before it airs, the fact it's airing on all WarnerMedia channels, or that apparently Lin-Manuel Miranda exists in the SST universe, while there's also a real estate agent that looks and sounds exactly like him in the same universe.

Either way, expect a special CoolGuy Reviews on the 15th.
Wow that's really cool! It's really cool how they are doing this to help kids during this hard time.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At first, when I saw the listing of channels it will air on, I wondered "is this a late April Fools announcement?"

So many channels at once... Has something like this happened for a special since Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue?

The most recent Elmo's World DVD was titled Play Date. I wonder if there'll be much confusion (well, maybe if this gets a DVD release).

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I have to say even I'm taken aback by this news as this was truly unexpected. I wonder WHO will show up for this one...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What I find bizarre is that this is apparently going to be simulcast on channels like TBS, TNT, and tru TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.