New Pixar Movie Previews

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So the biannual D23 convention's taking place this weekend and besides the promo for Muppets Most Wanted (MMW), you know there'll be updates on all manner of other upcoming flicks from the Mouse House and its various branches.

If you search around on the interwebs, either at Pixar's Wiki or IGN Filmforce, you can find clips from each of the following:
Disney's Planes 2: Fire and Rescue.
Toy Story of Terror, a Halloween TV special.
*(Man, why can't we get that Muppets Halloween TV special first mentioned back at the initial D23 in 2009?)
The Good Dinosaur.
Inside Out.
Finding Dori.

The plot for Inside Out reminds me of the Cranium Commander attraction inside the Healthy Life pavillion at EPCOT and a couple of old Disney shorts that had a proper gentleman or lady as the ego and a slobbish caveperson as the id in the driver's seat of a human's brain. Dunno if anyone else remembers the shorts I'm talking about.

The one Disney/Pixar movie I want to know more about is the proposed Día de Los Muertos film set for potential release in 2016. Too bad it wasn't part of the presentations, maybe next year.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I'm really interested in Inside Out, but not so much Good Dinosaur/Finding Dory. To me, Finding Dory seems like a April Fools joke. Finding Nemo is the worst choice for a Pixar sequel, IMO.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Really? Planes 2? Already? Planes 1 JUST came out. What if that movie bombs like it probably should? Seems kind of soon to have a sequel to a movie that hasn't even opened yet.but what do I know?

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
*(Man, why can't we get that Muppets Halloween TV special first mentioned back at the initial D23 in 2009?)
They were talking about a Muppets Halloween special before LTS ever came out... matter of fact, that was one of the MANY projects Disney shelved, including that pilot for a new series that was supposed to be their version of THE OFFICE.
Really? Planes 2? Already? Planes 1 JUST came out. What if that movie bombs like it probably should? Seems kind of soon to have a sequel to a movie that hasn't even opened yet.but what do I know?

Daniel
If you actually read the PLANES thread, they already planned it out to be a trilogy, so there's already going to be three of them.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
If you actually read the PLANES thread, they already planned it out to be a trilogy, so there's already going to be three of them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If only we coulda gotten Uncle Deadly's House of Badness. :scary:

As for Planes, at least I can laugh with Frank Caliendo's impersonation of ESPN host Collinn Cowherd's role...
"There's a cropduster in the race! There just is! He's afraid of heights, and he's still in the race... He just is!"

galagr

Reaction score
Even if Planes DOES bomb, they're going to merchandiseing the crap out of it. And the second one. And the third one.

Whatever, excited for Inside Out and the Toy Story Halloween special (it sounds like they're doing a parody of the Tower of Terror by the title). Might give the others a watch, well, except for one that I refuse to mention the title of (see above paragraph)

EDIT: Found this image of "Inside Out". I think I'm gonna like the guy on the far right

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one Disney/Pixar movie I want to know more about is the proposed Día de Los Muertos film set for potential release in 2016. Too bad it wasn't part of the presentations, maybe next year.
If I can remember the article (I can't find it...okay, I'm too lazy to look for it), the Dia De Los Muertos movie may just have a different title. Ans frankly, it should have one.

You see, Disney tried to copyright the term for use as the movie's title (and tie-in merchandising). You heard that right. Disney tried to copyright the name of a sacred holiday. That went as well as you can expect.

Even if Planes DOES bomb, they're going to merchandiseing the crap out of it. And the second one. And the third one.
If the first one flops, I can see them with no problem putting the rest of them on DVD (as this one was supposed to). My hopes in it flopping is to stop the even more expanded universe of Boats and Trains (and maybe Vespas and Funiculars) from coming to fruition. Planes does not look special at all. Even Dreamwork's Turbo had more going for it (considering it's just Ratatouille but with snails and racing and without most of the brilliant subtext), and it flopped. Planes just looks like it recycles Cars's main racing storyline without the stop and smell the roses plot that makes up the bulk of the movie. And it has a terrible star as the main character. But of course, this is all Disney, with Pixar's blessing.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Laughs at Drtooth's last comment. You think this is one of those cases where Pixar a la Steve Martin/Father of the Bride regrets giving his blessing so his little baby girl could marry and spin off into further franchises like Planes? *Insert Dame Cook and his "bedazzler" schtick in for the snottish Martin Short character.
And yes, you know they have to eventually complete the trifecta of the Cars and Planes universe with... Boats!

I'm not surprised Disney tried copyrighting the name of the holiday for the movie/merchandising rights. And though I know the title will be changed for something better, I would like it to stay as "Día de Los Muertos" if for no other reason than I personally get a little bit of perverse humor at having Tom Corless say it whenever there's been pin or Vinylmation merch honoring the holiday.
*Shout-out to the WDW News Today and my former IPLS/DiPLA friends.