New Muppets items at NEXT uk

hoopless

Reaction score
Animal pants (english not american) and pyjama bottoms please. they're on my rapidly growing christmas list now. let's hope i've been good.:halo:

Beauregard

Reaction score

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Actually, these images I've been seeing are coming from new licensing art. The method of graphic creation these days isn't as creative as I'd like it to be, but that's an unfortunate industry standard. Most graphic designers out there...ahem...can't draw! It's true. And what's worse is that most companies don't want them to.

Still, this is a snazzy shirt. I'd buy it. :halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Most graphic designers out there...ahem...can't draw! It's true. And what's worse is that most companies don't want them to.
I'd wager there's all this licensing garbage about who draws what and who gets paid for it that keeps it down. I swear companies just make copy and paste style guides so they can negotiate one flat fee with one artist. They are kinda cool, but I swear I've seen some of those Animals on keychains, and I SWEAR that Kermit coffee mug is an old birthday card.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Its true that the images of the Muppets are supplied by Disney and feature in the Muppet Syle Guide which was published in 2005, so by now, 4 years on we have seen most of the Artwork. The company's use the images supplied which is why we see the same images over and over, the Kermit mug is identical to one sold in the UK a few years ago, except the handle is white?

Anyway, as a 32 year old male, I was pleased to see Muppet stuff here in the UK that I can use and wear, I love the cufflinks, just cos we have never had official Muppet cufflinks before, certainly not in the UK anyway. I do also love that image of Animal on the Tee!

Chris

hoopless

Reaction score
yeah i recognised the mug from a christmas catalogue a few years back but never got it so i'll probably try and get this one if i have spare pennies floating around.

as for the animal t-shirt, it just doesn't do anything for me, and it's less the picture, more the background i think. having the name written multiple times in different colours just strikes me as lazy/cheap/tacky? more like a design you might find at a market stall. just my opinion though. i like all the other stuff.