New Muppet ad on Charlie Brown

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown is on ABC and during the second commercial breaks, I saw a Ned ad of The Muppets. It had several new shots and Animal being funny at the beginning.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
:frown: Missed it. Usually I'd watch Great Pumpkin, but as a big baseball fan, I've gotta watch the World Series. Hopefully this is put on youtube soon enough.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I really wish they would've put that on either Wednesday or Monday so I could watch it. Tonight was my Community/Parks and Rec/Office night

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't see why Disney has slowly strategically put these things on certain ABC properties (and Glee that one time) when they should be advertising during EVERYTHING. I saw the same Puss in Boots commercial twice in a commercial break. Granted, it's coming out today, but I also see Happy Feet 2, Twilight and jack and Jill multiple times during commercial breaks lately. They need to amp it up.

And by no means should they NOT advertise this on How I met Your Mother. One of the stars of the show is in the film... that's how they usually market these things. I remember seeing an ad for A Bug's Life once during Spin City, and Richard Kind was talking about his character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I only saw an ad, like 2 times... during Glee and Modern Family (where the Muppet Movie was a semi-plot point in the episode). yet, every commercial break I see everything else. Time for them to ramp up... things due in LESS than a month.

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I also saw a new Statler and Waldorf comment, a Walter mention and Pepe reminding the viewers the movies comes out on November 23rd.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I can't see why Disney has slowly strategically put these things on certain ABC properties (and Glee that one time) when they should be advertising during EVERYTHING. I saw the same Puss in Boots commercial twice in a commercial break. Granted, it's coming out today, but I also see Happy Feet 2, Twilight and jack and Jill multiple times during commercial breaks lately. They need to amp it up.
I once heard a theory that the movies that are really hyped up are usually the ones they are expecting to not be very good. The theory is that the bad movies need to make their box office money on opening weekend. Once word of mouth spreads that the movie isn't very good it will struggle at the box office. The good movies don't need the hype because they can stand on their own.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I once heard a theory that the movies that are really hyped up are usually the ones they are expecting to not be very good. The theory is that the bad movies need to make their box office money on opening weekend. Once word of mouth spreads that the movie isn't very good it will struggle at the box office. The good movies don't need the hype because they can stand on their own.
The movie has enough internet buzz, sure... but it needs a more casual audience buzz from television as well. Every movie is hyped except indies and quieter films that no one really pays attention to until they hit video. The Muppets shouldn't need hype, but it also needs to speak up and say, "We've got penguins too! Ones that are FUNNY!" The bad films will get hype, and the Muppets just could get lost in the shuffle for the more casual film goer that didn't follow it from start to finish , or seen all the internet promos we have.