Are new members unable to join?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Why isn't there a system where new members answer a survey of questions to confirm they aren't a bot? It is a discord server meme at how long it takes new members to be granted access to this site (I heard it took one in particular nearly a year).

Either way, there has to be a quicker way of getting this done; some of my discord friends have been waiting months already for their accounts to be confirmed. I messaged Phillip over four weeks ago about this to no response.

I am incredibly fortunate in that I don't remember having to wait at all to be verified as a member.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly? Since I have nothing to do with the forum's internal coding I wouldn't have a clue about how to make the new member registration/actualization process more efficient nor less time-consuming. The last approved member that shows up and has for the longest time now is 777Jackpot. So I'm sorry I can't/don't have any answers for this issue.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
@Phillip What is up man? If I had a nickel for all the discord members asking me why takes months for them to be verified for the forum I could've bought a soda by now.

If you are really that busy that you can't spend 20 minutes to verify the new members can you at least let us know why or when it'll happen? The silence is deafening. Let me remind you of your mission statement:

Our mission is to unite fans from around the world. We strive to honor the Muppets with respect and reverence. We want to thank the Jim Henson Company for allowing fans the freedom of expression to gather and produce a fan site such as Muppet Central.

If you are reading this, then it is likely that you are a frequent visitor here as well. We want to thank you for your support. Many of you tell your friends about Muppet Central and have added banners or buttons to your Web pages helping to spread the word on-line. We couldn't do it without you. Thank you all for making a difference.

Since 1998, we have been committed to produce a site to bring people together.Please continue to help us spread the word as we strive to keep Jim Henson's vision for the silly and the sacred alive for future generations.
- Phillip Chapman, Muppet Central Webmaster
Is this how you unite people? By making them wait months (and I have heard even up to a year) to join the forum? Without explanation?! Insanity is an understatement my friend. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt but we see you online all the time, making Sesame Street posts and responding to radio feedback when this seems more important than what we thought of this week's Sesame Street episode.

We tell our friends to join the site and they can't even... why not allow Ed to verify new members? Why not enlist more mods? People talk crap about the forum, but this is the only thing that is truly unforgiving and insane to me. Sorry dude, but it needed to be said, and it's glaringly obvious.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
@Phillip What is up man? If I had a nickel for all the discord members asking me why takes months for them to be verified for the forum I could've bought a soda by now.

If you are really that busy that you can't spend 20 minutes to verify the new members can you at least let us know why or when it'll happen? The silence is deafening. Let me remind you of your mission statement:

Is this how you unite people? By making them wait months (and I have heard even up to a year) to join the forum? Without explanation?! Insanity is an understatement my friend. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt but we see you online all the time, making Sesame Street posts and responding to radio feedback when this seems more important than what we thought of this week's Sesame Street episode.

We tell our friends to join the site and they can't even... why not allow Ed to verify new members? Why not enlist more mods? People talk crap about the forum, but this is the only thing that is truly unforgiving and insane to me. Sorry dude, but it needed to be said, and it's glaringly obvious.
I would be interested in becoming a mod.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
New accounts are going through the final approval process. New members will be notified when approved. It will take a few days for this to complete for everyone. We'll post another update when this is done.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.

gravy

Reaction score
New accounts are going through the final approval process. New members will be notified when approved. It will take a few days for this to complete for everyone. We'll post another update when this is done.

We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding.
This doesn't give much context though... What exactly is the process?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dunno what may be going on behind the scenes, but 777Jackpot was replaced as the forum's latest/newest registered member by Kemitthefrog.
Not sure if this might give other recently registered members hope, but at least it's something. *Shrugs.