New members can't log in

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Phil and staff,

A friend of mine just recently joined MC, but she hasn't received a confirmation e-mail or any instructions, and all she can do is read messages but she can't post. I've heard from Kevin that other new folks are having this problem as well.

She's sent an e-mail about it, but I thought I'd start a thread to bring it to the attention of the staff to see if she and these other new folks can get some help in joinin' in the Muppety discussions. :smile:

Thanks y'all,

Byron

Jamesman

Reaction score
I actually just registered late last month (though I thought I had a registration here before), and it took a while for my confirmation. In fact, I never DID get a confirmation. But I did receive a birthday message a week later, which seemingly allowed me to post.

Not sure if any of this actually helps or not. Maybe I'm just lucky to have had a birthday close to my registration.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hmm, interesting, Jamesman...now if only a staffer could fix the problem or let us know what the deal is.

Yoo-hoo, new members wantin' to post! And this friend o' mine is a gem!

Really!

A gem!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I wish I knew more to help out, but I don't.

One suggestion is to check the spam folder of your inbox, gang. Sometimes when I sign up for a forum, the confirmation emails go there instead of to my regular inbox.

The other suggestion: pray! LOL!!

Katzi428

Reaction score
Byron,
Thanks for starting this thread! I was telling some friends about this forum,and one tried joining. But it said she was banned even though she didn't do anything wrong!
I'll let her know that others have tried joining too.
Kathy

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Byron,
Thanks for starting this thread! I was telling some friends about this forum,and one tried joining. But it said she was banned even though she didn't do anything wrong!
Kathy
That happened for someone I know as well!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Katzi428 said:
Byron,
Kathy
Did your friend ever check her spam mail like we talked about?

Katzi428

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Did your friend ever check her spam mail like we talked about?
She said she would. Hopefully she did.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cool. Just checking.

You can go into the Members search above and see if you can find her member screen name, too.

Jamesman

Reaction score
For the address I signed up with, I don't have a spam blocker. So nothing got dumped in the wrong folder or anything. There just wasn't a message ever sent.

If anyone new still wants to sign up that you guys know of, try having them set their birthday a day or two after the date they signup. See if they get a birthday message, and if that allows them to use the fourms.

If so... weird. They can change the birthday to the correct date afterwards.