New MCC?

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
Did I hear that right? On "Good Morning America" did that guy say they had a NEW Special Edition of "Muppet Christmas Carol" coming out?

To which Kermit says, "You don't have to tell us that."

The guy was talking to them apparently.

But is there? Or was he just promoting theold on? I can't tell if the cover looked any different since I don't even own the first one.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No way that would be to cool i would defenetly buy that. but i would hope they would have the little featueat with Brian Henson and Gonzo and Rizzo all talking about the movie that was a really good pice. and i thought Brian worked very well with them.

christyb

Reaction score
I'd love to have a copy of MCC on DVD with nice little extras. Of course if I had two copies my parents might just kill me. :halo: . It's a great rumor. However, if there is a special version coming out it better be unedited. I hate it when they release only parts of things. :stick_out_tongue:

anathema

Reaction score
There have been copies of MCC marked as 'Special Edition' on eBay for the last few weeks - I think they're either European or Australian, I can't remember which. They're also still not widescreen, nor are they the 'home video' edit of the film.

T

timrikthegorf

I think they are just pushing the old DVD. I'm sure the GMA guy wasn't up to date on Muppet news and just said it was new. Disney is pushing the DVD on the muppet site and in the store. It doesn't mention anything about being a special edition. They might have re-released the DVD for the holidays, but it doesn't say anything about being new.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
From what I gathered the old DVD from Disney is being pushed by the Muppet Holding Co. Disney put the disks back in production for the holiday/muppet push this year. So it is not a new product, just a new push of the same old one.

christyb

Reaction score
That's what I thought. However, I still won't be buying it. I'm driving my parents crazy enough as it is.

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
I will! Even if my firend owns it but she's sitngy and has only let me borrow it once. Anyways, Those bllopers are hilarious. and the menus are great too.

christyb

Reaction score
I want...No I can't forbidden. LoL (In case I've got everyone wondering I have this movie memorized by heart {no I am not kidding} and watch it a billion times during the Christmas season {not to metion the million during the off season} and I am banished from the presence of my mother when I am watching it {she got sick of the movie when I was 7} and am not allowed to watch it with anyone {because I can't help myself and act along}) so I pathetic. I know that. But at least I laugh at myself