New interview with Nick Stoller reveals movie's original ending

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the link... it has some insight into the movie...but strangest of all was the original big reveal at the end...SPOILERS even though it didn't happen..

Originally it was revealed that Tex Richman was actually KERMIT in a human suit, and the whole scheme was just a ploy so the Muppets could be reunited. This would be a second time a big reveal was scripted, but changed... but the first time it was voluntary.

I'm curious to see how the actual movie ending measures up.

Other things revealed are basically stuff we kinda know... Walter isn't a ventriloquist figure, Kermit isn't a millionaire (originally it was pointed out that he could have just bought the theater, but some reason he couldn't... if nothing else, the other direction fixes that gap of logic ).

12Medbe

Reaction score
Actually, the original ending sounds pretty cool but weird at the same time.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully the extra footage that was shot (but not used in the final film) will show up in next year's Blu-ray release.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Hopefully the extra footage that was shot (but not used in the final film) will show up in next year's Blu-ray release.
or DVD, for those who still have DVD's.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I seriously thought of the Scooby Doo movie when I read what the ending could've been. LOL:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
The interview seems to hint that it was dropped in a revision of the script, so they clearly went with whatever ending they have now that I don't know about yet. So it remains unfilmed and just a concept.

xenoabe

Reaction score
The ending is fairly basic, but nonetheless completely satisfying. I don't think anyone will be disappointed with it.