Need help with Backstage playset

Bluefox75

Reaction score
I was unpacking my Palisades pieces, including the backstage playset, and couldn't resist the urge to take the backstage out of the box and marvel at the detail. Anyway, in doing so, I accidentally caught my oversized paw on the tiny shelf that sits in the corner just below the top of the staircase and broke the a large part of the shelf plate off. After I finished crying, I began to think of ways to fix it. And came up with nothing.

Does anyone here know of a glue that would be safe to use on the admittedly thin plastic that the shelf is made of, without disfiguring the material? I'd really like to get this fixed and would appreciate any help!

Dearth

Reaction score
You mean the shelf that Gaffer and/or the dressmaker's form sits on?

I'd try Super-glue or Krazy-glue. Apply a very thin coat to the edge of the break, and then hold the two parts together firmly while it dries.

Don't use too much glue, or it will have a harder time drying. An overabundance of glue will also be more likely to get on your fingers and you'll find yourself stuck to the backstage.

Done correctly, it should be an almost invisible repair, but it will never be as strong as it was before... which isn't saying much, as you discovered.

Alex