My visit to Plaza Sesamo

Cherrymoon

Reaction score
Great pics. I would love to go if I every get down to Mexico.
I have to say I love Bert's shirt. Was the place that empty?
How far is it from the Texas border?
To bad the American part is not so affordable?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Those are some awesome pics there Buck! Though I have to say, compared to the actual puppet, that Pancho is kinda creepy looking!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Monterrey is probably 6-8 hours from the Texas border. I've only ever flown down from Texas so I don't know how long it takes to drive exactly. You can catch a bus there from most major cities in Texas for less than $50 US if you take one of the Mexican bus lines. Otherwise it's about a one hour flight.

The place was very empty because it's the off-season in Mexico and the water park (which is the big draw I think) was closed. Also, I stupidly arrived early and Mexicans tend to not do anything early - everything was picking up around 2:30-3:00 pm when I was leaving.

SSLFan

Reaction score
beautiful...

That park looks so awsome! It looks clean and fresh! I wish Sesame Place was like that. I am so jealous!:smirk:

Pino

Reaction score
OK, so I didn't visit the actual set of Mexico's version of Sesame Street, Plaza Sesamo (although I'm trying to work on that!) but I did check out the Parque Plaza Sesamo theme park in Monterrey over the weekend.

I took lots of pics and posted my favourites on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/45404666@N00/sets/72057594060373884/

Hey maybe you can add those pictures to the Muppetwiki? Ive only putted some old and bad ones there on the international body stage puppets.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I probably won't have time to do that for awhile because I am pretty busy, but since Muppet Wiki is licensed under the GNU Free Document License (just like Wikipedia) if you or someone else wants to download them and add them they can because the photos are Creative Commons Licensed. Just attribute them to the PuppetVision Blog at http://puppetvision.blogspot.com